BowFishing Country banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife bought me a 3 day hog hunt in Texas in June of next year. Anyone ever been before? Trying to figure out what I should expect. I'll be taking my .300Blackout and .458Socom so I should have my guns covered. Outfitter says I can shoot 2 hogs and that I shouldn't have a problem getting them quick. Just looking for tips or ideas on things I should try.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I haven't been to that part of TX but I have hunted hogs a bunch and it's a blast I would suggest doing it with a bow at least the 1st day way more fun. I have always been able to get my pig that way and spot and stalk is a BLAST

·
Registered
968 Posts
I love the .458 socom. post pics after the hunt

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I haven't been to that part of TX but I have hunted hogs a bunch and it's a blast I would suggest doing it with a bow at least the 1st day way more fun. I have always been able to get my pig that way and spot and stalk is a BLAST
I plan on taking my bow with me as I really like to get one with it but I was more excited about the spot and stalk with my rifle.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm also allowed unlimited predators so I'll have my caller with me too for when the pig action is slow

1 - 15 of 15 Posts