BowFishing Country banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a buddy shoot a small hole into the cone part of my trolling motor. I didn't notice it was there until I saw some rust leaking out of it. So I guess I ran it a few times with water inside the motor. I was just curious if anyone else has done this and if so, did it eventually ruin the motor. I sprayed some lithium grease inside the hole to try to prevent rusting and I plan on sealing the hole, but was wondering if I should be looking for a new troller or if it will last.

·
Registered
599 Posts
if water got inside of it, and you didn't drain the water out. Then there is still water inside of it.

open up the troller and drain it out. Try to dry it out best you can. Then cross your fingers.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
If it's wet in there you have to let it dry then take sand paper to the armature and make it smooth again along with the brushes or just replace the brushes if they're bad, had water in mine a few weeks ago, it happens more often than it should but some fine sand paper seems to do the trick for me if there's just some junk built up on it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts