BowFishing Country banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
How about this use a vertical shaft lawn mower engine and mount the alternator with the pully down. Seems it would b much safer and easier to build. And you can get a small push mower for free on Craig's list.
That would work as well, heck the mower is its own base plate....

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'd say stick with the horizontal so you can swap that alternator out between the hm gennie and the push fan. I'm thinking a hitch pin and heavy spring along with an easy disconnect for the wiring.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
took my other brother over to the pipes yesterday he got 3 and I got zip he even shoots with the wrong hand!!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Has anyone made a bracket and run an alt on a kicker? Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I was thinking on like my 8hp tohatsu. Make a bracket off the side and bring a belt off flywheel through the cover. Then make a purdy little alt cover.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
I was thinking on like my 8hp tohatsu. Make a bracket off the side and bring a belt off flywheel through the cover. Then make a purdy little alt cover.
I'd consider mounting it directly to the flywheel. might be able to use the starter teeth. might get complicated though. probably be best to mount a bracket to the engine cover so you can adjust a belt tensioner. hardest part of that will be matching rpms guess it would depend on how hard you run kicker but those little motors run from 1000-6000 rpm

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
i agree with rambo, outboards run really high rpms compared to engines that would normaly have an alternator. unless ya ran one of the air cooled briggs outboards.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
True. I guess you could change alt pulley size to slow it down or speed it up.

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Garrett beat me to it. Also, it pisses away 15% of the power it consumes in creating that step up. That's 9 minutes out of every hour that battery would normally last gone.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts