BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Start an event every year with a Tournament for removing asian carp...
create a hosting state, or group willing to make the tournament happen...
ASIAN INVASION 2012

·
Registered
878 Posts
it would be a good tourny but how would you regulate fish that jump into the boat for a tourny. but it would get attention good for bowfishing. For better outdoors take a kid hunting & fishing it's our future. randy

·
Registered
878 Posts
carp and grass carp are invasive species Jeff. For better outdoors take a kid hunting & fishing it's our future. Randy

·
Registered
232 Posts
Good idea, but needs to be state specific. We have more than a few in MS, but we (BAM) need to lead the effort with a BAA sanctioned event. A win for all involved.

·
Registered
857 Posts
it would be a good tourny but how would you regulate fish that jump into the boat for a tourny. but it would get attention good for bowfishing. For better outdoors take a kid hunting & fishing it's our future. randy
I wouldn't worry about the numbers that jump in the boat. Make a bunch of different categories so teams many chances to win. Numbers, big fish, big ten with a limit on silvers. And just make sure to promote the event for what it is helping rid the waterway of harmful invasives sp?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the numbers that jump in the boat. Make a bunch of different categories so teams many chances to win. Numbers, big fish, big ten with a limit on silvers. And just make sure to promote the event for what it is helping rid the waterway of harmful invasives sp?
Thats what i was thinking .. :tu:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Why would you put a limit on silvers if you are promoting getting them out of the waterway?

·
Administrator
8,591 Posts
I wouldn't put a limit on any of the Asian species nor would I do a big ten. This is about the baa helping the environment "remove" as many of these as possible. I would make the event a total weight event, that way you can shoot big fish and small fish and hopefully attracting shooters of every category.

Remember this is not just a tournament but it's also a huge pr event for the baa.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Reason I suggest a big ten is to give teams another way to win. For some teams there is very little chance to win the numbers portion having a numbers winner, a big ten winner and assorted big fish prizes, gives all teams involved a chance to win.

Example of a payout.
Numbers pays 1st 2nd and 3rd
Big ten pays 1st 2nd and 3rd
Then depending on location a prize for big silver, big bighead, big grass carp, big gar and any other that the director wants.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I think depending on how it is promoted is how the format should be set up (as other has stated) for example if you are going to target silvers and how bowfishing can help remove them from the water ways, no doubt it should be strickly a numbers shoot on silvers, although you could have a big ten that would not include silvers just grass carp buffs and other rough fish. but to me would be kinda confusing at weight in time. ill help anyway i can

·
Registered
797 Posts
I think it's a good idea. Needs to be held on the Mississippi or Ohio. Maybe a two day tourney covering a large area of both. New Madrid has a great boat ramp for holding tourneys & there are other boat ramps north & south of here.Not too far to Cairo IL & the mouth of the Ohio. Could probably get publicity from TV stations in Cape Girardeau MO & Paducah KY.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts