BowFishing Country banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say you have a team of 3 guys. Only one of the guys has the money into the boat (15k), using his truck and gas to get to the tourney, and all 3 guys give equal shooting performance. Do you split the tourney winnings evenly? does gas get paid for out of the winnings 1st then split evenly? 50/25/25 split, etc...

·
Registered
347 Posts
We usually split them evenly, we're pretty good about driving different trucks for scouting and tournaments so gas just evens out. There are times when we have given more to the boat though. this year at one tournament we won $1700 in cash and a $700 boat. One guy took the boat and $50 for the taxes on it, I took $700 and my buddy who owns the boat took the rest

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
The boat is worth at least a share of the winnings, after gas and damages are paid for. 3 man team on one boat = 4 shares. There are plenty of guys that don't understand what it takes to keep a boat ready to go.

·
Registered
611 Posts
The boat is worth at least a share of the winnings, after gas and damages are paid for. 3 man team on one boat = 4 shares. There are plenty of guys that don't understand what it takes to keep a boat ready to go.
That's exactly how we do it, or we just put all the money after expenses back into the boat for an upgrade.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
We just split everything 3 ways. We split all expenses. Nice and simple.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I own the boat. But I'll never say it's mine. We are a team and act like family. I think most teams do. They have put in as much time and money working on the boat, tournaments, arrows, back up bows, fuel...... even if one is are broke for the tournament, the other two pick up the tab for the tournament need be shot. Money is not worth loosing team over. We slip even. Regaurdes who puts in or not for what ever tournament.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have this issue when going out as a guest bass or walleye fishing. At the end of the day I ask how much they want. If the say it's up to me I say no, I need an amount. I have owned a bass boat and know the where and tear.
I went out with on guy and he stopped at the gas station and I put in $50 in gas. 3/4 of the way through our trip he had to switch tanks. He has had people pay for the launch,$10, and want to call it even.
However, I think if guys are working on the boat, bows etc then just splitting the gas would be fine. But wear and tear on the boat and truck are a factor.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I have this issue when going out as a guest bass or walleye fishing. At the end of the day I ask how much they want. If the say it's up to me I say no, I need an amount. I have owned a bass boat and know the where and tear.
I went out with on guy and he stopped at the gas station and I put in $50 in gas. 3/4 of the way through our trip he had to switch tanks. He has had people pay for the launch,$10, and want to call it even.
However, I think if guys are working on the boat, bows etc then just splitting the gas would be fine. But wear and tear on the boat and truck are a factor.
That's totally different from a tournament. We have a $25 per pillow mandatory "donation" on our houseboat. That's $25 per person per night. My wife takes care of the menu, so she likes to do the shopping, so the $25 covers food, gas, pumping the holding tanks out, washing the sheets, fixing the chitter when land people put toilet paper in the head without eating it first, etc. I MIGHT choose to waive the pillow fee, but that's my choice. It really costs 2-3 times that to have guests on board. As far as fishing goes, I get on dozens of boats every year, and I always try to chip in without offending the host. I know that if I invite somebody to go with me, I invited them because I wanted them along, not for the $. Most of the boats I've been on, the owner has been on mine at some point so it all comes out in the wash. Airboat guys get really sensitive about the gas money thing. They usually want it up front in cash, or they spend the whole night worrying about who is gonna screw em over. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm thinking Payphone's way is the way to go. I did all of the construction on the boat as well as 100% of the costs involved. My partners each have their own spare bow and stuff but that's on them. I like the boat being counted as a share in the winnings for the reason.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
we split everything evenly... Just because it is my boat and truck we all share the bill traveling to the shoot - at the shoot - and back home... if we win we split the money evenly at the shoot and once home we split the cost... I also have my guys chip in for 2-stroke oil... sometimes another guy will pull the boat... we also bring my wife along on trips as she is the designated camp mom and I pay her way...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts