BowFishing Country banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At night like i know most of yall can and do shoot at the end of the lights but now shoot a little more during the day whats the farthest yall are shooting and being accurate if i can see the fish ill take a little over 10 yds when i can see them if they are being spooky

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
Most likely within 30ft max of boat, shot the one needlefish the other night at probably that distance or little further

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I have shot at plenty of fish more than 30 ft out...can't say I've hit many though lol.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Stuck fish right at the end of my line but not to often I would say around 28/29 yards.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I agree that if I can see them I'll shoot at them. For the most part I usually connect. You don't stand to lose anything I mean miss a shot at 25-35 yards no one probably thought you'd connect anyway but hit that puppy square like you do it all the time... Now that's impressive LOL

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I shoot if they are 100 ft. or closer only connected once out that far but it made it worth trying for al the many misses usually I,m just shooting at movement can,t actually see the fish!!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Usually keep my shots to within 10 yards. Farthest was probably 20 yards a few years ago when they were on the surface. I was wading in the marsh and launched up a prayer. Not sure who was more surprised when i hit it, me or the fish.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
These arnt carp viewing tours, it's a carp shooting boat. If I can see them I'm shooting unless Im fishing in gin clear water and im watching fish 12-20ft down

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree that if I can see them I'll shoot at them. For the most part I usually connect. You don't stand to lose anything I mean miss a shot at 25-35 yards no one probably thought you'd connect anyway but hit that puppy square like you do it all the time... Now that's impressive LOL
Seeing a fish underwater at 35 yards would be a feat in itself.

·
Registered
968 Posts
At night like i know most of yall can and do shoot at the end of the lights

If you fish with HPS there is no end of the lights :laugh::shh:

·
Banned
4,584 Posts
Day time shooting I've hit fish almost at the end of my spool but most are 10-15 yards at night 5 yards at most

1 - 18 of 18 Posts