BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive never seen a thread explaining how to get better shooting so I made one.
Anyone have any suggestions....please post. Brady has challenged me and couple other people to a shootout so I need to practice that way he can wear a leprechaun suit. ;);)

Ive already began growing a beard but its not a full thick beard like brady's so I'm gonna need more tips from the pro's.

·
Registered
825 Posts
practice practice practice, big target or small center is center aim for it

·
Electrocutioner
6,622 Posts
Don't try to aim-- just shoot the fish. It'll come natural as you spend more time on the water. If you're still trying to aim I see a leprechaun suit in your near future.lol

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
This question is addressed in the next issue of TheBowfisher! Everything you need to know about the dynamics of the bowfishing shot. Refraction, lead, depth adjustment. The results of extensive testing, easy to read and understand (even tho it's pretty tech heavy) and proven to work. More than opinion, guaranteed fact! Find it in the very next issue of TheBowfisher!

·
Electrocutioner
6,622 Posts
This question is addressed in the next issue of TheBowfisher! Everything you need to know about the dynamics of the bowfishing shot. Refraction, lead, depth adjustment. The results of extensive testing, easy to read and understand (even tho it's pretty tech heavy) and proven to work. More than opinion, guaranteed fact! Find it in the very next issue of TheBowfisher!
I hope it's not like most of the "guaranteed facts" I see on here.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Practice practice practice i shoot in the yard with an arrow that has no barbs on it when i cant get to the water. Aim small miss small pick little targets to shoot at.. Even when we are on the water and its a little slow im picking something to shoot at. When the dandy lions get back up i will walk through the yard picking them out at different distances and shoot some everyday. Fact is the more you shoot the better you will get!!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I hope it's not like most of the "guaranteed facts" I see on here.
One guarantee per thread OBG. Trruuuuust me! I even included pictures AND it's in a magazine so ya know it's gotta be true. (still lookin for the smileys....)

·
Registered
266 Posts
1st thing when you think your aiming low enough aim lower 2nd which completely contradicts the first is don't aim just shoot if you aim you miss 3rd you can't hit it if you don't shoot at it so shoot at everything

·
Registered
990 Posts

I got to preview the article and its a must read!

·
Officer Farva
3,174 Posts
I guess I dont really aim I just point and shoot. Real long shots I will look down the arrow a lil.
Putin lots of arrows in the water is what it takes.

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
I think it starts to come natural with less conscious aiming and more subconscious. The other thing is set your bow up to make it comfortable and tune it if you believe in that and leave it. Everytime you change something you put yourself back a few notches on where you were accuracy wise

1 - 20 of 42 Posts