BowFishing Country banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok y'all I'm fairly new to the bow fishing scene. Im getting ready to buy a boat to rig up. Every thing seems fairly simple except the fan setup. Can anyone help me out with this??? What kind of motor is to be used???? And how does the pully system work for steering?? Thanks for all yalls help

D-Bo

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I Been studying it for about a year finally building my own. Prepare to invest a nice chunk of change

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man! Now I just need to find one of those. You think it will cost about 2 grand or so or more?

D-Bo

·
Jail bird
3,980 Posts
Well just a prop and reduction run about 1200. What size boat do you have? I've got some deals on new vanguard and kholer motors. I would look at mudfish's fan boat. Were using a 3/8" push pull cable with heim joints on a sprocket/gear set up with an airboat style steer stick. Pm me for more info. Txba be prepared to spend some cash it will likely cost 2300-3000 for a new set ip

·
Registered
393 Posts
Ok y'all I'm fairly new to the bow fishing scene. Im getting ready to buy a boat to rig up. Every thing seems fairly simple except the fan setup. Can anyone help me out with this??? What kind of motor is to be used???? And how does the pully system work for steering?? Thanks for all yalls help

D-Bo
You need a horizontal shaft motor (doesnt have to be vtwin)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the boat won't be any longer then 18ft.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I really need a fan for my boat so I can stop eatting up troller prop blades on the oyster shells, but I'm trying to get a quieter genny and the noise of the fan would just defeat the purpose, wish there was another way to push a boat along than the traditional ways.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really need a fan for my boat so I can stop eatting up troller prop blades on the oyster shells, but I'm trying to get a quieter genny and the noise of the fan would just defeat the purpose, wish there was another way to push a boat along than the traditional ways.

You could always use a sail!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts