BowFishing Country banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just recently bought a osprey. But up till the I was shooting a strike eagle that has 50-70 limbs I believe. I shot the crap out of that thing. But you can have the power limbs shaved down. American eagle bows can do that for you.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much would that cost? It would also need new cables and strings. Its 75 bucks. Just seeing if itd be worth it.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I would maybe go $75 for tomcat3 x80 that needed string, cables, and limbs shaved. Not for an aeroforce, though. They are just too long/heavy to be worth it.

How much? A few years back I was well over $100 getting yoke cables and new shaved limbs for my lite force magnum from Joe in Maine. It is pretty sweet though at 42lb max and well worth it to invest in a bow that you like. Mine is set at I think 32 lb or so with the 40% letoff modules (~25% actual letoff). Fiberglass arrows shoot about 95fps and it still buries arrows on a miss due to how straight the arrow flight is.

I had new limbs made from gordon glass blanks because the original power limbs had some splintering and might have been unsafe to shave anyway. The price difference at that time was not substantial, since shipping things to Maine is not cheap.

You may be able to get a 60-80 bow down to 45-50. I remember reading a lot of stuff like that a few years back, but not of late. The LFM I bought on here was set really low, under 40 I seem to remember, with the regular hunting limbs. The pull was light enough, but didn't feel right to me, and I expect that is how the limbs got splintered in the first place. The rockers were shot as well. After all was said and done that $250 bow cost well over $400.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can anyone give me a number for me to call to get an appraisal of what itd cost to bring these back to life?

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Joe american eagle 207-441-3875

1 - 11 of 11 Posts