BowFishing Country banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me the safest way to wire my lights with a bus bar to my genny. What size fuses and where to put them in the system. Any help would be great. I'm taking my 4 year old son and rewiring everything and o want to be sure it's safe for him to be around. Thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have to ask why you want to use a buss bar?They make things more open to being able to touch unless put in a enclosure.I ran straight wire from the genny to the 4 square boxes with covers for my lights, much safer in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
How many lights???? 50 watt 120v LED only run about .5 amp or slightly less for each light,so very little amp draw.

I ran mine (12) lights, 6 on each side, by wiring them (2) lights into a single male 115v plug, then each of those plug into a 3 way plug on an extension cord at front deck, and have one cord run down each side to back for lights on right and left side of front deck. Those 2 cords plug iinto a GFI duplex plug in a box which plugs into the gennie, I know sounds like a lot but actually very simple and easy to set up...

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
Kept it simple

(2) cords into one plug
Electronics Electrical wiring Wire Technology Cable

Plugged into a 3 way plug
Wire Electrical wiring Technology Electronic device Cable

Cord run behind ribs to back thru gray sealtite
Electronics Cable management Electrical wiring Wire Technology

1 - 5 of 5 Posts