BowFishing Country banner

Hps 250w or 400w?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  crafty 
#1 ·
I am currently using a mix matched set of digital ballest. 600w-400w and I found I can't tell any difference between 300w to 600w settings. My question is how do you all like the 250w models? Is not having a cooling fan built into the ballasts a good or bad thing? The 250w's are smaller and lighter. Any input is apriciated. Thank you in advance!

Discussion starter · #4 ·
I found the 250w's on ebay for the same price as the 400w ones. I need to turn my current ones down to 300w to run 4 on my geny. So if I will always run them at 300w maybe I should just buy 250w's to start with. I like the idea of not having the cooling fan since they will have plenty of air where I will mount them. And I just assummed they would be lighter since they are smaller. But maybe not enough to notice a difference?

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Thank you for all your input. Now I am wondering why Alinder says the 250w's are less then awaldro7 seams to be getting? Is one using mangnetic and the other digital ballasts maybe? Or different housings? If you two would give a little more detail it would be very much appreciated. I do really like the fact you both had 400w and 250w on the boat the same time. That's the best way to compare.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.