BowFishing Country banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently running some cheap anti fatigue foam sheeting on my deck, but it has broken down due to the Sun and now whenever you touch it, it turns you completely black. It's about worn out too. In the boat itself, I have those heavy anti fatigue mats that lock together and have a million holes in them. They too are breaking down from the sun and are just a PITA due to their weight, coming loose, etc.

I'm considering biting the bullet and going to all hydro turf, but it seem after digging through the old posts here, there were quite a few who claimed the stuff wore out in a couple of years. I also saw some guys once had some issues with crumbling, but that was supposedly a bad batch.

My question is this, if you have HydroTurf, has it been durable for you? What size did you install? I see the 1/8" foam (3mm) in their closeout section in 45x84" sheets for $49, I would need 5 of those for a total of $250. The other option I am considering is the 1/4" foam (6mm) that comes in 47x86" sheets for $79, again I need 5 for a total of $400.

That's a lot of damned money for some foam BUT if it wears like iron, doesn't break down in the sun and I won't have to mess with it for a long time, I am willing to make the leap. If not, I might as well just glue down some cheap foam and plan on redoing it every 2 or 3 years like I have now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I use this boat duck hunting too and I have to have something better than what I have now. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
13,949 Posts
I dont have time to answer all of your questions....yes they had a bad batch of blue/white marble,but they did make good with me.....I have currently had the gray /white now for 2(?) seasons,its holding great,the other night the deck was completly covered in blood,sprayed it down with simple green,sprayed it off,cant tell

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
its a crap shoot I have had it go bad and I have had it last forever... here is a break down of what I have used...

blue/blk/white - crumble and fall apart

snow camo - started to wear spots in the white (pulled it before it when to chit like the blue white)

Yellow Blk camo - held up just fine for 2 years kept ouside on my deck.

Lime Green - fade to teal green

Wood Grain - 4 years and Holding up just fine... duck boat has always been kept outside

Grey Discount - lots of my buddies have used this on the duck boats and I also did and it holds up great even being stored outside.

Rasta Camo (Red Green Yellow Blk) I have this on my large bowfishing deck always stored inside during the summer but during the winter it goes outside but leaned against a fence so the sun doesn't hit it... I also have the HT plush pad under the mat... don't bother getting the 3m backing on the mat because it doesn't stick for chit on the padding...lol

I couldn't afford to do my entire new floor on my jet boat this year so i went with 19.99 4 x 8 pep boys mats and when i got them they are the same thing as HT... its a dark grey so they get hot but they seem to be holding up... I did tear them up a little this year when I dragged a 1/3 full 150 gal stock tank across it... I think it might not be as durable as HT but it was cheap and looks and works well...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts