BowFishing Country banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
You and kayak have two different styles for foot controls. Kayak has a cable drive that steers by going forward and backwards. You have a Powerdrive V2 which steers by left and right. tow different controls.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Nice looking rig! Clean and simple-I like it. Congrats on the purchase; ain't nothing like owning a boat.

I'd shoot off the flush deck for awhile before you make your decision on going raised.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
@ Sodak yes im aware his pedal is different so the bottom will change to fit my pedal but i liked his top part with the brake/clutch lever

@carpcowboy i have only used it once so far ... nc had a cold streak right after i got it (just my luck) but i plan to use it this weekend more. so far i like it plenty of power ill get a speed once i can hit wot, starts on the first hit not very loud, not hard to steer, doesn't fight you to turn. but its new so it should do all those things well

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Ok sorry man. Just didnt want you to make a stick like his and then find out it wont work the same on yours. Sorry

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
No worries bro .... sometimes you gotta check cause i have been known to get ahead of myself sometimes:laugh:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I'm sure you know this but I'll say it anyway. Make sure you break that big motor in like the manufacturer says! I know from personal experience that when you get antsy to see how fast it goes before its broken in...bad things can happen lol.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
For sure schaff .... already got the 1st hour of below half throttle at varied rpm, will start 2nd hour Friday night at under 3/4 throttle, varied rpm with 1 min of wot per every 10 min :D

·
Registered
746 Posts
Nice looking rig! Clean and simple-I like it. Congrats on the purchase; ain't nothing like owning a boat.

I'd shoot off the flush deck for awhile before you make your decision on going raised.
Second that ^^^^. I had a raised deck and on my first boat. Flush on the new boat and I like it alot. Wouldn't go back.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Interesting do you guys shoot day or night?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'll admit that I seldom or never shoot daylight, but the open deck design of your boat will give you so much room to move around and put a barrel in that space between the storage boxes it'll work great. I stepped or actually fell backwards off raised decks to many time times to count.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Yeah im deff gonna shoot it like it is for now.... once i get some time on it ill know about the deck

·
Registered
968 Posts
Nice boat! I love open layout tiller steer boats like that. Consoles take up 25% of the floor space in most boats but we spend the majority of our time on the front deck fishing so its wasted space. I just noticed that you are from NC. Checkout our club website http://tarheelfishstickers.webstarts.com/ you should bring that boat out and fish a tournament!

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I swapped out the two front lights for 100w seelites. make a huge difference ... there was a some dark sports in like a V at the trolling motor and a dark spot right at the bend from the front light to the first side light area and that's where most of the fish are spotted for us. in my op this is how the boats should come ... its a must.
7A11EC96-D6C0-4C75-9BA9-97A5AE935A51.jpg
D30DCB61-75F3-47AB-B9B2-15E70F336F83.jpg

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
looks good dude

21 - 40 of 59 Posts