BowFishing Country banner

I Got A Boat!!!!

8K views 57 replies 26 participants last post by  amsugg 
#1 ·
Well i did all my honey dew's and turned in all my brownie points and purchased a boat its a new 2016 Tracker 1760. I know some of you aren't going to like the pre made boats but I don't have the skills to build one so it was easier for me to buy one ready to go. Of course my Osprey won't fit in the storage area so i made bow racks for them, didn't turn out like i hoped but it will do for now, next is a sexy stick. Enough talk i know you want pictures.

Water transportation Bass boat Boat Vehicle Speedboat

Water transportation Vehicle Boat Bass boat Watercraft

Vehicle Bass boat Boat Speedboat Trailer

Tree Soil Wheel Vehicle

Vehicle Car Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Automotive exterior

See less See more
#28 ·
I'm sure you know this but I'll say it anyway. Make sure you break that big motor in like the manufacturer says! I know from personal experience that when you get antsy to see how fast it goes before its broken in...bad things can happen lol.

#29 ·
For sure schaff .... already got the 1st hour of below half throttle at varied rpm, will start 2nd hour Friday night at under 3/4 throttle, varied rpm with 1 min of wot per every 10 min :D

#32 ·
Interesting do you guys shoot day or night?

#33 ·
I'll admit that I seldom or never shoot daylight, but the open deck design of your boat will give you so much room to move around and put a barrel in that space between the storage boxes it'll work great. I stepped or actually fell backwards off raised decks to many time times to count.

#35 ·
Yeah im deff gonna shoot it like it is for now.... once i get some time on it ill know about the deck

#37 ·
Nice boat! I love open layout tiller steer boats like that. Consoles take up 25% of the floor space in most boats but we spend the majority of our time on the front deck fishing so its wasted space. I just noticed that you are from NC. Checkout our club website http://tarheelfishstickers.webstarts.com/ you should bring that boat out and fish a tournament!

#38 ·
I swapped out the two front lights for 100w seelites. make a huge difference ... there was a some dark sports in like a V at the trolling motor and a dark spot right at the bend from the front light to the first side light area and that's where most of the fish are spotted for us. in my op this is how the boats should come ... its a must.
Vehicle Automotive exterior Boat Bumper Bass boat

Sky Light Night Technology Darkness

#44 ·
Yes all included

#45 ·
To be honest I’m driving with the big motor so little that it doesn’t matter. I don’t fish big water never loose visual of shore. It gets up and scoots in my op for what it is, and not hard to manage as far as steering goes. If I would change anything it would be a stand up bar and a longer handle ... but then again I’m short so it might not be an issue for a taller person.

#46 ·
Hell it was hard enough to get this one past the wife so I’m gonna get buried in this thing lol

#48 ·
Thanks joe …. one day I'm gonna get on your list

#49 ·
might as well update this on changes I'm making. I got tired of the loud D.C. generator so I was trying to figure out the best set up to go with when Errin from power max made me an offer I couldn't refuse. so now im switching over to a power max converter and a power max 2000 watt suit case generator. I am going to have to redo my battery compartment to make room for a dry box.

plan:

execution thus far: searched on forum and found a great model so im basically copying that

tool box from lowe's with converter mounted on acrylic shims fans mounted on each end

#50 ·
installation of GCFI outlet

wires out of converter to Anderson connector

got grilles for the fans inside and out both ends

#51 ·
finished dry box

power max generator

#52 ·
ill update with the boat side hopefully this weekend

#53 ·
I've spent a good amount of time fishing from a friends 1' raised deck. I purchased my own boat and planned to add a raised deck on it. After shooting from my flat deck, i'm planning to add lights like yours. I shoot mostly day and some night, and like my flat deck over the raised. a light system like yours is also easier to remove and install, and a lot less weight.

#54 ·
I plan on putting a deck just over top of the light rail

#56 ·
im sure a welder could make them easily. I haven't seen any prefab ones with exception of the BPS ones

#58 ·
checking dry box for fitment and tracing holes for fans

holes cut out

some how one hole got off :rage: but no room for adjustment will just have to do

grille's for the holes

I plan on putting some edge guard on the sharp metal just to try and clean it up a bit. but over all im happy. a little tighter then I figured but clean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.