BowFishing Country banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can’t get my arrow to shoot straight. I’ve adjusted my rest every way from Sunday. Changed arrows, knots, everything I can think of and it always shoots knock up and dives hard right if that makes any difference. And I’m left handed. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
2,242 Posts
Man, there are so many factors when trying to tune a rest.

1. How are you shooting? Fingers or release?
2. If fingers, how are they positioned? 3 under the nock, one over two under the nock, etc?
3. What kind of rest?
4. Tying to the back of the arrow or using safety slides?
5. When your arrow is laying on the shelf of the riser how high above level is the nock on the string?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Instead of moving your rest, try moving your knocking point. I am by no means an expert but I was taught to center your arrow on the threaded hole in your riser for your rest and move your knock point to get your up and down flight tuned properly. To contradict that a little, when I used fixed rests on my fishing bows they are not centered on the hole but use the same keep the rest fixed and move the knock to get proper flight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man, there are so many factors when trying to tune a rest.

1. How are you shooting? Fingers or release?
2. If fingers, how are they positioned? 3 under the nock, one over two under the nock, etc?
3. What kind of rest?
4. Tying to the back of the arrow or using safety slides?
5. When your arrow is laying on the shelf of the riser how high above level is the nock on the string?
I really appreciate that. I’m shooting a release. And I’m using a safety slide my arrow is level

·
Super Moderator
2,242 Posts
if your arrow is level from the nock to the rest but the arrow is still flying nock high try raising the nock point or lowering the rest point. 1/8 of an inch at most. see if that balances it out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts