BowFishing Country banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
13,949 Posts
Randy,you seem to be directing that at me,which I take issue with.....first off show me once where I bashed BAA?I am a proud member,and do all I can to support that great organization.I did say t was a shame that here in a State that does host the second largest shoo n the US doesnt have more BAA members.I never said it was a great shoot or that it should have anything to do with any World Championship,so I dont get your scouting comment?Trust me there are many issues I have with that shoot.I beleive it was even in this thread that I stated it couldnt be on Clear Lake?

I respect you,and appreciate you as a founding father of the BAA.Personally I think Casey hit it right on the head for fairness,but I digress.Yall just continue to have it back there and you will never have a "Champion",from anywhere but out there....doesnt that seem odd?

·
Administrator
3,634 Posts
The thing about it is there isnt many out there that want to travel. Ya I know you all speak of the money issue. Well a bunch of the ones that travel and shoot the bigger shoots dont shoot 20 little shoots a year. We have had the Worlds in Ky a few times and its a great shoot. I will be putting in a bid for it here next year. Guess what there still wasnt many from the north or West that showed. Its the way it is. Im not forsure but I think the comment from Randy about scouting was do to a shoot they attended out west. If you drive 20-30 hours or whatever and never been on a lake you would want to scout. I may be wrong.

Michigan has a large shoot also. Its a bit closer to the Southern BAA and I dont think there is a handfull of BAA shoots up there also. Guys like Dustin put on BAA shoots to support and draw more of a crowd. Thats great and we plan to attend some to back him and help those guys out.

Up North Im sure would be a great World shoot in the areas I have shot. Trust me the numbers are there and they have some pig commons. I dont know about the West cause I dont go much more west than Mo.

I will say this. I do think we as the BAA could try a bit more. I have been hearing "We tried that" but Bowfishing is booming compared to 10 years ago. Thanks to the money hogs (gas) its hard to get around as much as some would like. I think we could do some type of Tournament trail to lead up to the Worlds shoot. It doesnt have to be a dozen shoots and you dont have to limit the shooters at the Worlds. The trail could be BAA shoots that are already there?

The idea of two big BAA shoots is a great idea. The 2nd shoot can have its own name. Dont want to steal anyones thunder by taking World Championship.

·
Registered
13,949 Posts
Joe i agree,and hell I dont like driving 4 hours to a Lake I cant scout(C.L.)and that is why I said nothing about having that shoot affiliated with any "Trail",shoot,and that lake isnt what it used to be any way.I guess yall still dont see my point about having it moved further around to be more fair but I digress.I dont care if somebody wants to claim they are world Champs but in reality only have beaten a select few that came from a Eastern area.I was just throwing my thoughts out here as said,no need to get upset. Good luck

·
Registered
797 Posts
I agree Randy. The BAA is not about having a bunch if tournaments. It's about promoting bowfishing.Tournaments are expensive to attend. It takes a lot of time & money to go. Thats why the worlds usually only has around 50 boats entered & usually it's a lot of the same people that go every year. I look forward to it but if there were two tournaments I doubt I would go to both & I'm sure a lot of the regulars would feel the same way. We have gone through this every year since I have been involved with the BAA & it always comes down to the same thing....... One Tournament(The Worlds) hosted by the BAA.

Randy, Thanks for all you do & all you have done for our sport. We could not have come this far without members like you !!

·
Mr. Bandage
5,115 Posts
I will say this, there are about 15 teams that will be where ever it is. No matter how far, they still will be in the top 20..

·
Registered
878 Posts
Mr. Kruger i didn't point at anyone i just read the post really don't look at names but the post that talked about bowfisherman came out there and left red ****** well if they couldn't spend anytime scouting after driving 21 hours and got beat so that was fair i guess. And the worlds have went north, east and central but you are right it has never been west but the winners have all been able to scout where they can learn the lake or rivers then shoot with a game plan not having to go onto waters that they had no idea where to start or know how your fish act in your lakes. And since 1990 i don't think the home town lake people has won but two times. Promotion of bowfishing is the B.A.A. whether it's going to teach people and kids about bowfishing or talking about how to bowfish or tournaments. The north has great shooters but they shoot a different style from the south or east coast they have bigger fish as in carp. If the southern boys go north it takes a few days for them to learn what they are looking for plus no small gar. The tournament is voted on to where its going to be and to say it's not fair is like telling the ones that voted they have cheated some how. I have to travel every year i have missed a couple of world championships but thats it yes it is expensive but i don't get to travel out of state deer or bear hunting anymore because of my love for bowfishing and most of my travels are teaching kids. I have stated again what i think of the wording in some of the post no picking on anyone just as all of you that have posted before me. So go ahead slam me if you want my post are mostly history about this sport. For better outdoors take a kid hunting & fishing it's our future. Randy

81 - 88 of 88 Posts