* 1-cup vinegar
* 1-lime
* 1-sweet pepper
* 1-tablespoon of black pepper
* 1/2-cabbage
* 2-cloves of garlic
* 1-can of diced tomato
* coconut oil

Skin and clean iguana, then wash it in a mixture of vinegar and lime. After that, mix all seasonings and spices together in a bowl and rub them into the meat. Leave the rubbed meat for half an hour. Pour coconut oil in a pot, just to cover the bottom and place it on the fire.

When the oil is hot, put in the iguana meat, then cook it for another half an hour, turning a few times and adding a bit of water if needed. During that time slice the carrots, tomatoes and cabbage. Add them to the meat and cook for another half an hour. Serve with rice and beans.

See less See more
#4 ·
Iguana supposed to be a delicacy in Mexico or Belize or some damn place down there. I reckon with all the iguanas living in the Everglades that ain't supposed to be there this is as good a way as any to get rid of them. Imagine blackened iguana. Just like gator cept smaller. Dang, getting hungry now. But yeah, like A-too said. :wl:

#6 ·
LoL its IGUANA guys the only reason they eat it in other parts of the world is because THEY AINT ANY BEEF. They also eat dogs, cats, horses, bats etc....tht should tell ya something lol IT AINT MADE TO EAT!!! Just catch bugs an skeeters....:spank:

#7 ·
LoL its IGUANA guys the only reason they eat it in other parts of the world is because THEY AINT ANY BEEF. They also eat dogs, cats, horses, bats etc....tht should tell ya something lol IT AINT MADE TO EAT!!! Just catch bugs an skeeters....:spank:
Iguanas are plant eaters. :tu: :grin:

#13 ·
you do realize this thread is from 2011 last posted in 2017 only 2 or 3 of these peeps still frequent the site to my knowledge

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.