BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Law was signed that will allow catfish to be taken with bow fishing equipment passed. Having said that,I have never seen a catfish while bow fishing. So I won't be adding any new fish to the table after bow fishing.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I never really understood the fuss either. I pretty much never see them either and if I do I won't shoot them. They are the worst possible fish to eat out of rivers for mercury/pcb's, etc. I still stand amazed at how many people refuse to eat fish far better and safer just because it's not cool like catfish. I think the real issue with shooting them is bowfishermen's rights more than anything, though.

·
Registered
462 Posts
No, here the lakes are rivers. The catfish still taste nasty. Pond-raised catfish are much better, but still don't compare to Asian carp, gar, drum, or big mouth buffalo. It just seems comical to me how so many people talk about how they wish it was legal to shoot catfish where they live (so they can take some home for the table) while they throw away all the better meat.:laugh:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Don't know what your talking about. Flatheads are delicious plus a blast to shoot

·
Registered
63 Posts
Catfish were legal here in Tx for one year. I always had at least a meal or two worth of good eating fish after a night of bowfishing. Then they took it away the following year, and now I'm back to the occasional gaspergoo or tilapia. I sure would like to see it here again.

Bisch

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I read this on Heartland Outdoors and I think it said it comes into law at the end of Sept. so don't shoot until you find out more.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Nc its legal, I've only ever shot one

I like catching them on rod and reel to much to shoot at them, but I don't hate on anyone that does shoot them as long as they don't just get dumped

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Shot a dozen flatheads here in Pennsylvania last night. Nothing big, most were between 4lb and 10lbs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dont have one but thats a good idea. Ill make one up so everyone will know where to go. Southern Ilini....are you the one we were stuck in the storm at rosiclare a few years ago?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts