BowFishing Country banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
8,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hell! I got tired of taking it on and off between doors so I just leave it on in the truck. Ill take it off when I go to sleep :tu:

·
Administrator
1,330 Posts
this is awesome!!!!! i take comfort that just maybe some good can come from this horrific tragedy.
It's an honor to have you on the site! Your son's accident has touched a lot of people across thousands of miles.

As far as I am concerned there is no doubt that he will be responsible for saving lives. Whether or not anyone ever has to use the jackets they are now wearing, I can tell you with 100% certainty that many bowfishermen are already being just a bit more careful on those all night runs.
Having been the captain on many night shoots (often on 48 hr shoots), I can tell you that it's all too easy to get a bit careless on the water at 4am. We have all been in those moments.

So, there should be no question in your mind about whether some good can come from this. It already has, and will continue to for a long time.

Welcome to the site Matt's Dad. We're sorry for your loss.

Alex

·
Registered
13,949 Posts
It's an honor to have you on the site! Your son's accident has touched a lot of people across thousands of miles.

As far as I am concerned there is no doubt that he will be responsible for saving lives. Whether or not anyone ever has to use the jackets they are now wearing, I can tell you with 100% certainty that many bowfishermen are already being just a bit more careful on those all night runs.
Having been the captain on many night shoots (often on 48 hr shoots), I can tell you that it's all too easy to get a bit careless on the water at 4am. We have all been in those moments.

So, there should be no question in your mind about whether some good can come from this. It already has, and will continue to for a long time.

Alex
Exactly,and well said.
As you know "Matts dad",you and your's are in all of our prayers and this has effected people all across the Nation.So sorry we had to meet this way,but its our honor

·
Administrator
8,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Alex
I know it's changed my outlook(as well as my teams) on things and hopefully will open some others eyes to how quickly things can go from good to bad....... In the blink of an eye.

·
Registered
340 Posts
this is awesome!!!!! i take comfort that just maybe some good can come from this horrific tragedy.
We are still sending prayers from down here in Louisiana!! Your sons accident has really touched me and my family and it has really knocked some sense into us. My cousin is going get his auto inflate pfd this weekend and mine is already in my truck! it is now mandatory on our boat, doesn't matter water depth and will always be worn unless we are off step and fishing.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts

Alex
Well said its a huge eye opener to all of us on here.

Thanks for joining Matt's dad prayers to u and your family

21 - 33 of 33 Posts