BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The original date/shoot has been canceled. But there are a few of us who still want it to happen. Before putting all the time and effort into getting a shoot set up I wanted to know who else wants to have a state shoot.

We are thinking middle to end of October. Numbers/big 10/big fish/ trailering /12 hr shoot will most likely be the format

who is interested? I think we had 10 or 12 boats last year I really don't want to do it if there is less than that.

chime in..

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update:

October 15

big r parking lot in Wabash Indiana (trailering)

6pm to 6 am

numbers, big 20, big fish

100$ per boat 25$ big fish 4 man teams

fish disposal provided

I cant post or replay on my home computer or phone, so if there is questions be patient ill check this every morning.

JD

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we will hold the shoot south of indy next year and rotate each year as long as there is interest. currently there isn't to many people jumping on this but I guess there is several weeks until D day so hopefully we can draw a crowd.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a update, I have had several questions about BAA sanction. This years shoot will not be sanctioned, Unfortunately the planning phase for this shoot was compressed. If i'm luck enough to host this shoot next year I will be sure to get it sanctioned. Hopefully this doesn't detour too many teams from joining us.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PM replied.

register at the shoot. launch is at 6pm from Big R parking lot in Wabash. Show up around 530 for sign in. trailering to any public water 12 hr shoot

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there has been some debate on this on the HBA page. I don't have access to a lie detector test so im open to suggestions on a limit. Im not silver king so what is reasonable limit?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
If you're running a tourney then then set your rules and stick with them. Someone don't like it then screw them.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Silvers jump in boats. People stick arrows in them. I am of the opinion that they need to be dead by any means available. If there is a team tough enough to boat 300 silvers, and get them to weigh in with an arrow hole in them......they deserve a trophy and a medal. Most tournaments discourage killing the most invasive species in history by putting a limit on them. That is not what bowfishing is supposed to be about. If I'm at the tourney, we won't be after silvers, and I sure wouldn't be mad if someone showed up with 4,500 lbs of the stinkin bastards and beats me. They gotta go, and there needs to be incentive to make em dead. And like Timmy said, lay the rules out now and don't change them.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that was my thought payphone, if you have the brass to haul in 300 silvers come on with it. personally my best silver night was 140ish and that isn't going to win

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Y'all are over thinking it... Up there in the north on the bash you're not going to have a bunch of silvers jump in... Maybe 10-20... But hey if a teams want to target them be my guess. I'll target the thousands of suckers, buffs, and quillback and bring in 300 or more...

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Y'all are over thinking it... Up there in the north on the bash you're not going to have a bunch of silvers jump in... Maybe 10-20... But hey if a teams want to target them be my guess. I'll target the thousands of suckers, buffs, and quillback and bring in 300 or more...

What would you know about it? :laugh:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well the tournament is on for the 10/15. I cant seem to load the flyer.

launch at 6 check in at 6 at the big r parking lot in Wabash

numbers: any legal fish no limits (can still weigh biggest 20)

big 20

100$ buy in, 25$ big fish pot

any other questions message me or get on the HBA FB page

looking forward to seeing everyone

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
its on for tomorrow if anyone is interested. theres some activity over on the hba page but not much here. hopefully we will have a decent turnout

1 - 20 of 21 Posts