BowFishing Country banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to install a set of marine speakers and really only want the ability to play my ipod. I realize I could just use an amp, some speakers and a a simple RCA->3.5mm plug, but I want to do it a little nicer.

I found this cool setup, 'The Left Coast -Simple Stereo'.

Does anyone know of a similar, but less expensive option? How have you done your boat stereo setups?

G

·
I built one of these. Has a spot next to the head unit for my Ipod, phone whatever I want to put in there, and there is enough room for the aux cable between the front of the radio and the cover. I rigged the antenna into the top of the box, and wired it up for a regular 12v outlet. It goes in my airboat, my fishing boat, my fourwheeler, my jeep, and has a place out in the garage for the parties and cookouts... Best thing I have ever put together, My g/f did some fancy wood burning on it, and My buddy and I thought it would be cool to style the box like an old wooden tool box.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
maybe I'll do something like that... i'm going to install a couple of 12v outlets in my center console anyway...

I have an old ammo box that would probably fit the speakers/radio/ipod/etc inside... and just run a cigarette plug out the back.

I googled it.

I could build something like this, easy:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Ammo-Box-Speakers-1/

Then again, I already have a big Milwaukee Shop Radio...

·
Registered
430 Posts
best buy has a pair of speakers for like $30 and a cd player that has ipod hookup for like $130 u just have to buy the ipod adapter for it

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
G

·
I know a few people that have had some problems with Dual products. I cant speak for that particular unit, but some of their older stuff did not stand up to the elements so well.

Definatly try to stay away from Pyle brand audio equipment.

I have been very pleased with my Jensen unit and speakers, ther have been a few times that my box has floated out to the end of its cord and was still dishing out the tunes. LOL

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
either way they are still using a amp and 3.5 mmm plug to get the music form your mp3 player to speakers. I use a 3.5mm jack from my mp3 to 600watt pyle marine amp to my pyle 4 way wakeboard speakers

·
Registered
278 Posts
only u preston lol hows that setup workin for ya

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
it rocks especailly if you have an equalizer on your mp3

·
Registered
501 Posts
I went to the junkyard and grabbed a radio out of a car for 10 bucks, Got two outdoor speakers (meant for like a patio or deck). I mounted the radio in an ammo box and used one of the tapes that has the headphone cord comming out of it and worked awesome to play my ipod

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 41 Posts