BowFishing Country banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
Batteries?

I have my yamaha2000, 2 batteries, 2 powermaxes and the outboard as far back as possible. That seems to offset the weight of a myself and a second shooter pretty well.
Mine would do 500# but whoever was on the deck had to be conscious of where they were stepping or I'd take water over the side...if you get it definitely invest in a big automatic bilge pump

And don't forget all the fish that everyone plans on shooting. But if your like me you don't have to worry about that many fish in the boat....

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Everyone on here is going to tell ya to hold out. Odviously bigger is more stable and increases displacement, but it's no necessarily a necessity.

We fished 3 out of a 1656 for a few years without issue, have since upgraded to a 1866. It's more stable but we're White Ninjas with excellent balance, so keep that in mind.

That's a nice boat, I think it could be converted into a sweet rig.
Bigger is safer and you will enjoy it more.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
If you have to ask....then its prolly too small for ya. Especially since one of the first things you mention is "I wanted an 1860".

If you WANT an 1860, but SETTLE for something smaller, then its only a matter of time before you sell it. Nothing wrong with a smaller boat, and if set up right a 16' would be plenty for 2 guys. It just depends on what kind of fishing you do and what role you need the boat to play.

BTW, $20k will buy a pretty damn nice boat. :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
I paid 3,000 for a 2060 with motor and trailer wait you'll find a better deal... the day before almost paid 4,000 for a 1652 alweld with no trailer or motor new hold off you'll find a good deal

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
text sent.

so, my truck was stolen Monday night! walked out into my driveway to get into my daily driver Avalon and the 2500HD wasn't there :headbang: it has not been recovered, but this will put a hold on my search for a boat. hopefully it's recovered in 1 piece but I have my doubts. i'll be needing a replacement truck before a boat...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
3 years later LOL. I did the truck back :) I now call it el coyote because they were using it to get illegals across the border into texas.

a few weeks ago bought an flat bottom jon with a Yamaha 25. the title says 18'. Later on I grabbed tape measure says 16' :(...so I didn't settle for a 16' and ended up with one anyways lol. 16' long, 50" wide at floor with 72" beams. I got a good deal on it though and could flip it to make 500-1k...but I would rather fish!

someone holler if you know of a solid 1860, 1872, 2060 or 2072. If I can get one already set up to fish for the right price I may send this boat down the road.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think I may have found a good deal on a clean little boat. it's not as big as I was looking for though. I wanted a 1860, this one is a 16 footer. my bowfishing partner and I are both around 250 lbs and whatever a generator and gear weighs would be thrown on top. should I hold out for the 1860 or jump on this one?

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/4967192282.html
I started with a 16 ft. I'll never go back. Wait out for the 18 ft, those two extra feet make a world of difference. I fit me and 3 buddies in college on a 16 foot with float pods on back and we made it work but that's about like a ford ranger pulling a fifth wheel. It might work but you won't be doing it for long.

Funny Pic.jpg

·
Registered
147 Posts
I guess its true, everything is bigger in TX. Until you measure. Unless you are super long legged you should be able to step off lengths pretty accurately once you practice against a tape measure a bit. That would be a quite a shock to me if a boat lost two feet on the trip home. 25 yamaha is a nice motor and I'd love to have one on my 1448. It would be pretty dang small for an 18 footer though!

I do seem to remember this post from before; boat search ending with a truck stolen. Glad to hear you got el coyote back.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
i took it down to trinity and it ran well. ultimately i decided it was too small and listed it the next day and it sold. made a quick $400 out of it. the search continues. I'll be on Trinity tomorrow on a buddy's boat. maybe i should just continue fishing with him and avoid the boat owner headaches.

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
i took it down to trinity and it ran well. ultimately i decided it was too small and listed it the next day and it sold. made a quick $400 out of it. the search continues. I'll be on Trinity tomorrow on a buddy's boat. maybe i should just continue fishing with him and avoid the boat owner headaches.
Dang, sounds like you had a GREAT month then, they say it’s a good day a boat owner buys a boat and the BEST day when a boat owner sells a boat so to do both in a short time and make a buck also is a pretty good month...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
I finally landed on the one. the budget grew a lot, but I sure as hell didnt settle this time.

seaark 2072. two 15 gallon live wells, two fish finders, 30 gallon fuel cell, a 15 gallon ice chest built into the console. bluetooth tunes, tunnel hull with 2 bilge pumps, float pods, hydraulic jack plate etc etc etc. we shot 5 off of it 2 weekends ago and had a blast! i had never been on a 2072...1860 is what i've fished from all my life. 2072 didnt sound much bigger to me. once i got it on the water, HUGE difference. seaark seems to have a good reputation. i almost pulled the trigger on a few trackers before i found this one. Glad i held out.

11.jpg
22.jpg
33.jpg

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Looks like a nice rig

21 - 38 of 38 Posts