BowFishing Country banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I can always add gunnel extensions around the back if needed. Also I will not be running in any big water with this. Most of the places I go to are fishable right from the ramp and doesn't take long to get to the good spots. I'm really liking the fan idea though.
are you sure thats a 1660? The more I look at it, it looks like a 1652

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
one light up front?

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Could be. Maybe its just OCD for me lol I'd like to have an even number of lights up front... Thats just me tho

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
That fan is going to stick inside the boat a good bit when turned, also are you planning on never putting a outboard motor on?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
That fan is going to stick inside the boat a good bit when turned, also are you planning on never putting a outboard motor on?
Yeah I'm kinda worried about that. Not sure if I should go with a smaller prop? My plan is to add a outboard after I get more $$. I will build a offset (large pod) for the motor. Probably won't go bigger than a 20hp. I will use powrtran steering up to the front of the boat and mount the controls to my fan steering.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Yeah I'm kinda worried about that. Not sure if I should go with a smaller prop? My plan is to add a outboard after I get more $$. I will build a offset (large pod) for the motor. Probably won't go bigger than a 20hp. I will use powrtran steering up to the front of the boat and mount the controls to my fan steering.
The main thing you have to remember is when you put a outboard on it you will have to raise it up when using the fan. When the motor is trimmed all the way up it will be higher and closer to the inside of the boat then when trimmed all the way down. This could cause the fan shroud to hit it when turning.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Well I've decided to postpone the fan idea. I found a good deal on a lightly used 2016 20hp Mercury remote steer long shaft motor and will use it as my main motor/kicker. Gonna go by and pick it up this week sometime.
I think that is best, now you will now the limitations for when you build the fan

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I think it’s smart to not go with the fan. The 16’ would feel really small with a 52” blade on the back.

The boat looks like an old design without the crimped sides or floor. the seats are likely structural bc I don’t see any horizontal bracing. If you going with a deck that sits on the rails, you will likely need to strengthen or brace the sides.

Overall a solid template to work with.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
If you going with a deck that sits on the rails, you will likely need to strengthen or brace the sides.

Overall a solid template to work with.
I will use 1"x3" tubing welded right below the gunwale. I will be doing some demo work to it this weekend hopefully, ripping out the front deck and part of the middle bench.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts