BowFishing Country banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can feel it in the air bow season opens here this Saturday my groups are great to 30 and my broadheads are flying perfect. I got my order of trapping supplies in from F&T, I've got everything ready I've just got to dip my traps in FMJ, and it looks like I've got a good good amount of ***** to trap. My 22 is dialed in I know the squirrels are ready to make me look dumb sometime this week. And before October 8th I've still gotta paint and transform the Funky Chipmunk into a duck killing machine. It should be a great year! How's it going for everyone else?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
I'm pumped and ready this year

Bow and arrow Bow Archery Field archery Longbow

And got my deer on the hit list

Wildlife Deer Elk Horn Organism

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
Really this ones on the hit list..... Probably nocturnal and would be lucky to see him but you never know when rut comes on, best picture of him but not a very good one,checked cameras this weekend and was on there with 6 other bucks, this was right at very edge of dark but have 1/2 dozen or more nice 8pt running the MD farm

Deer Wildlife Terrestrial animal Woodland Nature reserve

Pattern Textile Woven fabric Net Mesh

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's awsome garp around here you don't get to many big ones if it's got 2 visible spikes it usually gets shot at and we've got pretty crappy genetics a lot of places they'll only grow to around a 70" basket rack. The 2 1/2 year old broke off 8 I shot last year is considered a really good buck in my area

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I got a good doe on opening day here 3 weeks ago, about a 40 yard shot

·
Registered
347 Posts
Cant wait to get back out in the deer woods. Opened a couple weekends ago but Ive spent more time going for geese

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well my huffy isn't going to have as many miles put on it I just got my drivers license today so I'll be set for this fall

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
well my huffy isn't going to have as many miles put on it I just got my drivers license today so I'll be set for this fall
Congrats on your Drivers license, just remember "Don't drink and park, accidents cause people" , but post up any good hunting/trapping pics, deer,squirrels or ducks etc......

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I know it's that time of year becuz I keep seeing Oneidas up for sale lol
Gotta sell the Oneida to buy some new Scent Lock and a tree stand, then sell the deer rifle to buy Christmas presents for the kids, then sell the tree stand to buy a turkey gun, then sell the turkey gun and the kids toys to buy an Oneida, then sell the duck gun and decoys to buy new lights for the boat, then sell the the light setup to buy a new duck blind.......... It's called the cycle of life. Wait a minute......Make that the cycle of DEATH!!! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got my first deer with a bow yesterday after I finally decided to start hunting from a tree stand I hung a stand the day before and missed a doe that night. So at the last 20 minutes of shooting light last night I saw 2 deer coming into my bait pile and watched this one for 5 mins before he gave me a shot at just under 20 yards quartering away I got liver, lung, and I sliced the heart he went down in less than 100 yards I thought he was a doe but I'm still happy as heck.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Great job young man

1 - 20 of 106 Posts