BowFishing Country banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
My last dual rig did 30mph with 2000lb of fish and people. It was a 2072. They are ment for torque not speed as mr price said. Gatortail has one they said did 36 mph but i don't know of any that do 40+ mph

·
Registered
357 Posts
Boss drive has a 70hp if you ran dual i believe they are designed a little more for speed over torque. But they are expensive.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Talk to Tyson Warner about his dual mud motor rig. Seems to work good for him. I still don’t think you will ever be able to hit 40-50 with a mud motor though. If you need those speeds, don’t know why you would though, best bet would just be an outboard with a fan or kicker. We used to run our kicker really shallow but have switched to a fan now.

·
Registered
242 Posts
other than an airboat a dual mud rig is the way to go. only thing you sacrifice is speed. if you have front controls you can run down fish from the front of the boat like an airboat. they burn very little fuel and they can run super shallow. I happen to be thinkin about selling mine lol.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
"If you need those speeds, don’t know why you would though," Too much time wasted on the Mississippi, Green Bay, Michigan, Mille Lacs running at 35 mph.

How do you like your fan over the kicker?

Mtneer Man, why are you selling? Do you run both motors when trolling?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I can run one or both motors. Mainly run both so I can hop on pad and run fish down. I’m selling to move up to a blow boat hopefully. The time you loose at running speed you make up by the amount of bank you cover while fishing. Mine runs 32 empty and 30 loaded down

·
Registered
346 Posts
"If you need those speeds, don’t know why you would though," Too much time wasted on the Mississippi, Green Bay, Michigan, Mille Lacs running at 35 mph.

How do you like your fan over the kicker?
The fan is definitely really nice especially on the Mississippi. It’s nice not having to worry about weeds and we get plenty of speed out of it. Little tougher controlling in the wind but it really isn’t that bad. It’s not that the fan can’t push, just catches the wind. Sure is nice to be able flip the fan 180 though and push back off as hard as you pushed on.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks for all the info. The mud motors would be a lot nicer than an out board for the river. Sucks having to slowly cruise channels to avoid wrecking the lower unit.

Jet with a fan isn't sounding too bad either.

75% of my fishing is nosing through the pencils looking for big fish and I would still use the electric troller for that because of the control.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts