Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Non BT just add a pot

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Prototype #1 now just got to put the guts in tomorrow and retest.... if all goes good I have few more things I want to try out like the 1 click wide open

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Well I finally figured out how to make this function the way I want it to

to achieve this I had to use the momentary to latching converter and a relay to convert the + to a - polarity. Wiring as follows

the only thing that is different is it does require an out side power source to power the converter. I tried to power it in house so to speak but their is no way to apply a ground that doesn’t complete a circuit to on of the buttons. I even tried diode’s but no go.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Now I just need to clean this box up and figure out a stand and put this thing on the boat and test it out

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
This is awesome dude

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
So I cut all the wires down to nubs and reworked with more ridged wire in hopes to make it not look like a bird nest inside and mounted things down. Figured out a system to keep wires out of the way...... jury still out on if it cleaned up or if it’s still a bird nest but at least I’m not worried about wires in the way

today Tuesday 8/18 my connectors will come in and I can start making the outside connections. Gonna try to make it 1 8pin connector for troller wires and outside power source

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
8 pin coming out of the box

one end of cable has 6 wires from trolling motor cable and 2 additional wires for additional power supply

other end this is basically just for the outside power supply as the 6 trolling motor wires are still in the factory plug

I copied the pin out for the troller plug and then the 2 not used pins i added the 2 additional power source wires. # 3 pin space on factory plugs is blank which is why you see that space used by the outside power source

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Last piece of wire. I have a 12 volt power plug up front where led switches used to be that I’m using for external power

Wrapped them all in electrical tap so they stay together and won’t snag. Final test to make sure everything works and it’s water test time

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
me eating popcorn

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
lol find a pedal yet?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Oh yeah you can find them all day long on ebay for 3x the price of the troller itself...

Nah I think over the winter I am going to switch my current troller over to the copilot so its easier to sell and also try to fix the 80lb powerdrive thats been sitting in my garage for 3 years that I got for free. Get that one running put a copilot on that as well and sell both trollers and buy a 24v or 36v riptide.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
prototype 1 is a success and final model is a go for field test.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Mounting

The actual arm controller was mounted on was to long so this is folded up but I’m going to take a link out so it should still look like this

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Just make sure the shaft and troller head dont hit it when deploying the troller

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
It swivels and moves and can be locked in place. its a cheap laptop/ monitor stand

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Genius

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
🙇‍♂️

41 - 57 of 57 Posts