BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another thread I was called one of the "Smart Folks" so figured would open up a BFC advice column/thread.

Just ask Me "Garp" anything you want,kind of the Dear Abby of BFC, just shoot away and ask anything you want,relationship issues,Financial issues, problems at work or with the "In Laws" just ask away, problems with kids, your homework, even some how to's if you want, I will do my best to give you a good answer or at least make up a good believable response, so feel free to ask me anything you want and let's see how this goes.....

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Lol this should be a good one
let's see how bout retrivers vs. Spinners
Slides vs. TTB when using a spinner
Barrel cleaning
Recipes for carp
How to use helium filled pontoons
That should be a good start:laugh:

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dear Chance, I found this "Carp and Beer" recipe, it calls for (2) 12oz dark beer in the recipe so might be good to try with a Heiniken or Guiness. Since most beers are sold in (6) packs at minimum if the recipe totally sux that leaves (4) untouched beers to try and kill the taste. But of course gonna have to get someone to get the beer for you since are under 21,but if anyone else wants to try it and chime in please do....

image.jpg

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
should i have my aunt do my taxes or get it done by a tax guy/gal?
Dear Buck25 A lot depends on what kind of deductions you have or may have,if you have basic personal deduction and just look up your income on the tables and calculate what is owed compared to what was paid in on your W2 and do it yourself or let your aunt do it, if it's more complicated with 401K and mortgage deductions, capital gains or depretiation on assets would let a professional tax preparer do it for you, they can also represent you as your preparer incase you are ever audited or have any issues also....Garp

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
This is more of a serious question if this thread can be taken serious :laugh: can you guys think of a bowfishing product that you guys would like to see or would be useful I was looking into benchtop injection molders to build arrows rests and line pullers and such but they're just a hair more than I want to spend I still might build my own yet I know a while back some guys wanted a full containment fixed esper style or like the full bore rests whatever you want to call them I'd make some normal style ones to

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is more of a serious question if this thread can be taken serious :laugh: can you guys think of a bowfishing product that you guys would like to see or would be useful I was looking into benchtop injection molders to build arrows rests and line pullers and such but they're just a hair more than I want to spend I still might build my own yet I know a while back some guys wanted a full containment fixed esper style or like the full bore rests whatever you want to call them I'd make some normal style ones to
Dear Chance, serious reply. I wanted to make an injection molded floating "hand wrap" reel that could use for big rays or possibly gator gar. It goes on a release post like AMS float but hourglass shaped to shoot like a handwrap reel with line wrapped around the float instead of out of a slotted retriever.... Hope you can picture this...

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Dear Chance, serious reply. I wanted to make an injection molded floating "hand wrap" reel that could use for big rays or possibly gator gar. It goes on a release post like AMS float but hourglass shaped to shoot like a handwrap reel with line wrapped around the float instead of out of a slotted retriever.... Hope you can picture this...
Not to take a away from future business lol but wouldn't a coke bottle filled with sprayfoam do the same its got an hourglass shape on the end you take a rubber end cap for like a chair leg and put a bolt through it to thread into your stabilizer hole so you can shove the end of the bottle into and it can be pulled out

·
Registered
611 Posts
Dear Garp, do you think I will get made fun of by the big kids at tournaments for not having an outboard on my boat and only a fan. I sold the outboard to fund a reduction and big prop for my fan and we only shoot tournaments that allow trailering. From "a husband that is only allowed to put so much into his boat."

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not to take a away from future business lol but wouldn't a coke bottle filled with sprayfoam do the same its got an hourglass shape on the end you take a rubber end cap for like a chair leg and put a bolt through it to thread into your stabilizer hole so you can shove the end of the bottle into and it can be pulled out
Like the resourceful thinking and kind of will work and yes have used the rubber chair leg and coke bottle floats,but looking for a bigger diameter approx 6"-8" in diameter to hold more line and a smooth deeper beveled 45 degree middle to hold the line more secure. I was working on turning down a crab float to the correct shape with plans to fiberglass the final shape. But if could Rotomold a heavy hollow plastic float would be cool, I misread the original post about injection molding which makes a solid object

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Like the resourceful thinking and kind of will work and yes have used the rubber chair leg and coke bottle floats,but looking for a bigger diameter approx 6"-8" in diameter to hold more line and a smooth deeper beveled 45 degree middle to hold the line more secure. I was working on turning down a crab float to the correct shape with plans to fiberglass the final shape. But if could Rotomold a heavy hollow plastic float would be cool, I misread the original post about injection molding which makes a solid object
it would be tough as heck and still float even though it might be a little heavy but would you be interested in a few made of wood I couldnt do it until the summer but I've got a lathe and could make a few for you

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dear Garp, do you think I will get made fun of by the big kids at tournaments for not having an outboard on my boat and only a fan. I sold the outboard to fund a reduction and big prop for my fan and we only shoot tournaments that allow trailering. From "a husband that is only allowed to put so much into his boat."
Dear Southern_Illini_Man,Not at all,am a fan of fans and I want a fan so I am Jealous that you have one and I don't. Don't let the other guys at tourneys bully you either, just get some fancy shirts made up that make you appear to be more professional than the other guys. Do you take you take the wife fishing??? If not take her and make her part of the team, she may then be more eager to spend more money on "her" boat....Garp

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Dear Southern_Illini_Man,Not at all,am a fan of fans and I want a fan so I am Jealous that you have one and I don't. Don't let the other guys at tourneys bully you either, just get some fancy shirts made up that make you appear to be more professional than the other guys. Do you take you take the wife fishing??? If not take her and make her part of the team, she may then be more eager to spend more money on "her" boat....Garp
Or.. just out shoot them lol

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Muzzy already makes this Guru Garp.:D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Haha thanks for the reply!

1 - 20 of 172 Posts