BowFishing Country banner

121 - 140 of 172 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #121 (Edited)
P
Dear Garp,

My motivation jumped out of the truck sometime between 4:30 and 5:30 this morning. Is there an over the counter cure or treatment for a bad case of the Phuckits?
Payphone Jones, if we come up with a cure for the " phuckits" And bottle it I think we could be rich, I think should make a button like the Staples "easy" button and put it on the dash of the work truck and hit that when feel like this or someone pisses me off and at least would make you feel better...Normally when get that you call the boss and tell him you got the phuckits but since you and I are your own boss is a little tough, but must be catching and contagious because been feeling the same way lately, must be the longer days and mild weather but don't seem to have the urge to bust azz and been busier than I want to be also.... Hope ya feel better soon Garp

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #124 (Edited)
Dear Garp, If I was a carpenter, would it be ok if another man wanted to handle my "hammer"?
TurkeyKiller, man your killing me with this one, this question seemed a lil :gay: but depends on which "Hammer" he wanted to handle. But as a tradesman with tools being important for work,I have a policy of not loaning tools except in a very rare or extreme circumstance and hate to say but also to a close but not that close of a friend. But if he wanted the other "Hammer" likely woulda given him a real Hammer right between the eyes with that request......Garp

·
Registered
261 Posts
Dear Garp,
Why won't the BAA announce their 2015 team of the year standings?
Why does my brother in law need to show his military ID at a movie theater to get a discount but it's too hard for people to show one to vote?
Why do Oneida's cost so much?.
Why is it taking so long for my engine builder to get my motor done?
Why are all women crazy?

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
P

Payphone Jones, if we come up with a cure for the " phuckits" And bottle it I think we could be rich, I think should make a button like the Staples "easy" button and put it on the dash of the work truck and hit that when feel like this or someone pisses me off and at least would make you feel better...Normally when get that you call the boss and tell him you got the phuckits but since you and I are your own boss is a little tough, but must be catching and contagious because been feeling the same way lately, must be the longer days and mild weather but don't seem to have the urge to bust azz and been busier than I want to be also.... Hope ya feel better soon Garp
It happened again this morning. Do you think this will become a chronic problem?

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
It happened again this morning. Do you think this will become a chronic problem?
Payphone, If this continues it it could be a terminal case of the "phuckits"

Have you had an uncontrollable urge to go to a Bernie Sanders rally ?????

Or dream of having an affair with Hillary???

Or have urge to sign up for your own EBT card ???

Wanna sit on the stoop and talk on your free Obama phone ????

If answer yes to any of these you are stage 4 terminal and might as well give up.....

The only cure for the "phuckits" is buy yourself a new truck,airboat and hook it up to treat yourself and go on a couple month road trip killing every species on the bucket list once the bills start rolling in you might feel motivated to start back to work to finance the next road trip.....and if you do the road trip give me a holler,and go shoot some rays and snakeheads

Think my case of Phuckits was actually misdiagnosed and actually have a bad case of "giva$hitz" kinda like like the phuckits but not worried about the outcome .....Garp

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Payphone, If this continues it it could be a terminal case of the "phuckits"

Have you had an uncontrollable urge to go to a Bernie Sanders rally ?????

Or dream of having an affair with Hillary???

Or have urge to sign up for your own EBT card ???

Wanna sit on the stoop and talk on your free Obama phone ????

If answer yes to any of these you are stage 4 terminal and might as well give up.....

The only cure for the "phuckits" is buy yourself a new truck,airboat and hook it up to treat yourself and go on a couple month road trip killing every species on the bucket list once the bills start rolling in you might feel motivated to start back to work to finance the next road trip.....and if you do the road trip give me a holler,and go shoot some rays and snakeheads

Think my case of Phuckits was actually misdiagnosed and actually have a bad case of "giva$hitz" kinda like like the phuckits but not worried about the outcome .....Garp

You are on to something here. I got to dreaming about finishing my airboat, and it hit me that I'm gonna need lots of money to do that. Motivation found! Thanks Garp. You're a lifesaver!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Dear Garp,

Sunday night we ended up doing pretty good for the first time out this year. Only spent 2 1/2 hours on the water and we ended the night with 30 fish, 6 carp and the rest were suckers. Small targets but once we got the hang of shooting again we managed to get about half a barrel full. Not too terrible for the first night out there!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Dear Garp,

I was just looking at the 1660 boat build thread and have looked at many on here. I have a 2072 I modified with bigger deck, light rail, etc. Anyway my question, how does one go about getting a title and license for a home built boat?? I have been considering building a smaller boat to use in certain places at certain times. But have wondered about the title and license??

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Dear Duckkiller, just get in touch with whom ever in your state licenses boats and ask them about the paperwork, have receipts for materials bought to build it and take plenty of pictures to show progress and prove was home built and believe they will then offer a hull ID number for you or might need to stamp one into a plate and weld to transom but shouldn't be that big of a deal just need correct paperwork and proof was built.....Garp

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Dear Garp,

Who is titled for inventing bowfishing?
Dylangibbs, actually Bowfishing has been going on with ancient civilizations for 100's and even 1,000's of years, but I would say Burt Reynolds in the movie Deliverance
image.jpg
But even at that I think that Fred Bear would be the one that actually commercialized the handwrap reel and fiberglass arrows that were some of the first used and think were used by Burt in the movie....Garp

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Came across some old photos once of Indians in Peru [National Geographic] were bowfishing what caught my att. was how long the arrows were they were using.

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Came across some old photos once of Indians in Peru [National Geographic] were bowfishing what caught my att. was how long the arrows were they were using.
Actually the long arrows get you closer to the fish, there is something to it.... Garp

121 - 140 of 172 Posts