BowFishing Country banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put a mercury 9.9 ProKicker on my boat but can’t seem to find anyone that can tell me everything I will need to start, trim, steer, and shift from the front of the boat. Any help or tips will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
there are multiple ways to do it, some more complicated then others. i plan on doing it at some point. you need a jack plate can be manual or power, you can use cables to steer, forward reverse and throttle, but you can also get wireless stuff as well. i plan on getting like a universal gear selector with cables for gears but a wireless steering. i plan an powrtran system for steering

Reactions: senditbowfishing

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just went through this in the spring. Had a buddy weld up a custom mount for my toon. Got cheap manual kicker jack, and replaced it with a Panther one 3rd trip. I don't have to mess with it at all. I got the wiring harness, kill switch, and ignition all quick silver so there wasn't any screwing around. Had same buddy build me a tower for the front of the boat, binnacle control on top and the ignition/ kill switch on it. I tried the EZY-STK and it was stiff as hell to steer, got a panther t-5 electric steering is way easier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just went through this in the spring. Had a buddy weld up a custom mount for my toon. Got cheap manual kicker jack, and replaced it with a Panther one 3rd trip. I don't have to mess with it at all. I got the wiring harness, kill switch, and ignition all quick silver so there wasn't any screwing around. Had same buddy build me a tower for the front of the boat, binnacle control on top and the ignition/ kill switch on it. I tried the EZY-STK and it was stiff as hell to steer, got a panther t-5 electric steering is way easier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not very familiar with a kicker rig at all but thought I’d ask obviously you mostly run shallow bowfishing can you run just as shallow with a kicker motor as you can a trolling motor?

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Some say yes some say no ..... it’s probably pretty close tho

·
Registered
231 Posts
A lot of the areas that I fish are pretty mucky/weedy I would be worried about plugging the water intake for the water pump.

·
Registered
133 Posts
As far as depth, an electric troller and outboard kicker will run really close to the same depth because you are limited by prop diameter. You can cheat the troller up for short stretches but the outboard motor will power through more mud than the troller. If you want to run shallow and not worry about overheating a liquid cooled kicker, look at a mud motor kicker. Or fan.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Granules of sand are small enough to get sucked in there intake and then is just like a bead blasting job in the motor

Reactions: senditbowfishing
1 - 12 of 12 Posts