BowFishing Country banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who shift your kicker with a 3300 cable, how are you able to positively determine when you hit neutral? Do you just get used to it, or do you simply tell by the speed of the boat slowing? When I ordered my cable the tech guy asked about it not having detents or positive stops, and wondered how neutral is determined. This is my first kicker rig, so I thought I'd ask how you guys determine it or is it not a huge concern. Thx

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I can feel the detents on mine when i hit neutral. I pull up until it stops for reverse and down for forward.

·
Registered
968 Posts
the cable itself doesnt have detents but the motor does. you will be able to feel it no problem. If not then you could make a small plate that your shifter slides beside that is notched in the middle for nuetral. I havent ever had any trouble finding nuetral on my merc though.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the cable itself doesnt have detents but the motor does. you will be able to feel it no problem. If not then you could make a small plate that your shifter slides beside that is notched in the middle for nuetral. I havent ever had any trouble finding nuetral on my merc though.
Ok thank you guys. I didn't figure it'd be an issue, but thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I can feel the detents on mine when i hit neutral. I pull up until it stops for reverse and down for forward.
x2 I can feel the detents when shifting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts