BowFishing Country banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my son(who is 14) and his cousin(who is 16) bowfishing on friday and Saturday night. They had a 2 night total of 64. I think they are hooked!!!

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
Good deal!!! Lake worth is just down the road from us.... The JRB isnt impressed when you bowfish their bank though lol MP's will be there telling you to leave in a hurry

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never had any issues. I thought the base was off Eagle Mountain Lake. I fished around 199.

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
Nope the JRB is on lake worth, they dont like people trolling around near their beach at night, even though its perfectly legal (im not aware of them getting any kinf of special control over the waters around the base) The JRB is on the inside (south east) of the 820 bridge

·
Registered
107 Posts
Are there many places to get out of the wind? Havent made it out there yet..Lake Arlington is the only local lake I have been to so far...any tips or advice would be great! Thanks guys

Cooke

·
Registered
107 Posts
Floating bigcountry...yea and decent spots would be much appreciated...been wanting to try new lakes but not sure where to start

·
Registered
1 Posts
were you'll in boat on on foot , lookin fer place a old crippled hillbilly can fish from bank and not have to walk to far ?
any ideas...
Please Advise....

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We were in a boat.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I live 15 mins frm Lake Worth, never tried bowfishing it yet I go to Eagle Mt lake mostly... Iv heard people talk about aligator gar around where the nature center is?? is there???

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have not been to the lake in a couple of months. Redneck is building my new boat, so it will be a while...oh yeah, I sold my old boat. I did not see any alligator gar.

·
Registered
74 Posts
No Gator Gar up there but there are some real Alligators up in the Nature Center. We had one get in a Koi pond in Benbrook and we called the Nature Center to see if they wanted it. They said no thanks we have plenty! Heard TPWD took a six footer out of the lake last summer that was being a pest.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Anyone fish this lake regularly. We went and fished it last night and to say the least we were not impressed with the areas we fished. We had high expectations as I heard it was a good lake. We shot maybe 10 fish in 3 hours and was shooting 90%. Saw some smaller gar roll out away from the boat and a 5.5 to 6ft roll about 50 yards out as we were stopping for the night. Just really seemed to hit or miss and might have just been last night for some reason.

Just curious if anyone fishes is often that can convince me to make another trip back before making a final judgment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live 15 mins frm Lake Worth, never tried bowfishing it yet I go to Eagle Mt lake mostly... Iv heard people talk about aligator gar around where the nature center is?? is there???
Any reccomendations for eagle mountain lake ? I’ve just been getting out there and having trouble

1 - 15 of 15 Posts