BowFishing Country banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running 2 400 watt hps and 3 400 watt mh lights on my rig and have been really happy with how they light up the water and their price (free). I currently have another 400 watt mh and was planning on putting it on the back of my rig across from one of the other mh lights to get full 360 coverage in the water but wanted to know what the wattage the new led flood lights draw from generators. Does a 50 or 100 watt led chip draw 50 and 100 watts from the genny? Or is it considerably less? I am only asking this because I and running all of these lights off of 2 generac 2000 watt converters. I am pretty sure they can run the other light but was curious if it would be wise to switch to an led on that section of the boat to cut down on the total watts I'm running off my gennys. Thank you for your advice.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
As said above, add up the total watts, and make sure it's at or preferably below the CONTINUOUS rating for the genny, NOT the max rating. For example, my Honda 2000 will only run about 1600 continuous watts.

Also, just as important, add up the total amps for all your lights, converters, accessories, etc etc, and make sure it doesn't exceed the total max amp draw for the genny.

Both of those have to be factored in, no exceptions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts