BowFishing Country banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been busy rigging my 1966 G3 with a removable light rail. wanted some thing that would be a little easier to take out by myself that the fan boat. There are ten 100W flood lights, 2200K color from 5 Star LED. The Light bars are 120W from Outrigger Outdoors that change from 7000K down to 2000K. The boxes ended up being a little heavier than expected up still turned out decent.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
love the boxes. love to see some more feedback on the 5 star leds too. seriously considering making the move from my high maintenance hps, but won't for anything less than a perfect color match

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
love the boxes. love to see some more feedback on the 5 star leds too. seriously considering making the move from my high maintenance hps, but won't for anything less than a perfect color match
I like the color of them. I havent compared them next to my 400 HPS yet but i would say they are pretty dang close. The link below is the test that Gary Briggs did comparing the 2200K 5 Star LED and a 150W HPS. Custom Fitz makes a 2400K LED, but i havent seen any pictures or reviews of those yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhu9ME_aBbM&t=1s

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Well done! I like it!

·
Registered
140 Posts
great job. how do you like that light bar? i've seen outrigger's products before, but never seen or heard any real reviews on them

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
great job. how do you like that light bar? i've seen outrigger's products before, but never seen or heard any real reviews on them
the ability to change the color depending on water conditions is nice. Need to use a converter or run them off of 110V which was a bummer but not a huge deal. definitely has good color but i dont think the light is as bright on the 2000K setting as the 100W flood lights i am using. I will know more once im able to get them on the water

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Was finally able to get my new 5 star led lights out for the first time. Was only able to go for an hour or two since it was a work night, but still had a good time. Water on the Mississippi right now is near flood stage, so it was pretty muddy and hard to see through, but I thought the light performed pretty well. I was able to see 2-3 ft down in pretty dirty water. Shot a dozen or so fish in an hour. Should have been more but was missing more fish than usual. So far after the first trip I would recommend these lights to anybody looking to run HPS color LEDs. The lights seem to be very well built and color in my opinion is great for dirty water. Price tag is a little higher compared to other LED flood lights, but I've found you usually get what you pay for. While I don't think they work as well as my 400 HPS, they are much easier to use and it's nice running them off of one 2200 inverter. Attached a couple pics to show the color.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts