BowFishing Country banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to buy some new batteries for my LED lights. The question that I have is in regards to the runtime of the lights based on the batteries that I buy. We have been running Everstart 27dc batteries with 14 27w LED lights but we recently replaced the 14 27w lights with 10 50w LED lights. Now we are trying to buy some new batteries because our old ones aren’t holding a charge as long as they used to and we’ve found that they have 29dc batteries. So I’m wondering if anyone on here uses the Everstart 29dc and can tell me how long they last with 50w lights and if there is a significant difference between the runtime of the 27dc and 29dc. I’ve tried doing some math to figure out runtime but I don’t really have anyway of knowing if I’m in the right ballpark.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Here is how I was told to calculate it. 10 lights x 50 w x 8hrs = 4000 watt hours. 4000wh / 12v (battery you are using) = 333 amp hours.
To run your lights 8hrs you need a 300amp battery.
I have a similar set up with 10, 50w lights. I have 400amp of batteries and get 10hrs of run time.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So that would be:

10 x 50w x 5hrs = 2500Wh

2500Wh / 12v = 208Ah

The Everstart 29DC are 122Ah apiece so in theory if we are running 2 of those we should have more than enough juice to run for 5 hours, correct?

Or would we need more than that? 224Ah is pretty close to 208Ah and I know you’re not supposed to run your batteries completely dead.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My lights turn off when they get down to 9v so I have a failsafe built in to running the batteries all the way down. IMO with batteries more is always better. Plan for the most you will shoot that way you will always have enough power.
That said. I would go with your last statement.
I hope others will speak up here. I'm no expert and only educated myself enough to set up my boat.

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
That's why I like generators and 110v lights. Imo
X2 on the gennie and 120v , but if was looking to run on batteries why not consider going to largest amp/hr 31 series that you can find instead of even 29 series, we run (3) 31 series AGM deep cycles on our 36v trolling motor and jumped up from 29 series size.

Or the DC volt lights I believe can be run on 24 volts, if wire the batteries in series for 24 volts which should drop amp draw on batteries also....

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We used to run a genny but we got away from it because of the noise. Our generator was old and not quiet like some of the newer models. At this point we’ve invested so much time and effort into the battery route we probably won’t go back to a generator. As far as running 24v the lights didn’t say if they could be run off 12v/24v so I was kind scared to try it.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Is your trolling motor connected to the same batteries? If so need to figure that in as well

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yes I have my trolling motor hooked to the same batteries. Just switched to a 24v system and figuring out what works best. I would love to go with lithium but the 6k price tag is holding me back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts