BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 355 Posts

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am inviting any and all led light manufacturers/sellers to participate. I have purchased a light meter, and several other testing tools I will use along with 2 led lights off of ebay. Both lights are purchased are labeled as 120v warm white lights so I'd prefer to test the same from any manufacturers willing to participate. What I would like is for any company willing to participate to send me a 120v 50w warm white led and I will do non biased, non destructive testing on all units. I will return the lights to the manufacturer at my own cost or purchase them if I so choose. So tell your favorite light company you'd like for them to participate and i will put an end to the light debate!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
should be intersting bet you find some differences.

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone willing to participate please email me at the address in my signature unless I've contacted you in other media already.

I will post companies on board as I go. I'd like two have all the lights within 2 weeks so I can get them tested quickly!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Awesome idea can't wait to see the results. I just bought ebay lights as a first shot at trying LEDs but the info you get from this will help with future purchases.

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All I need is for some of our led suppliers to step up to the plate and put their product out there for testing.

·
Registered
339 Posts
As a fleabay LED user, I'm very curious to see the results. I'm about to order some more lights in the next couple weeks and this may determine who I go with.

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As a fleabay LED user, I'm very curious to see the results. I'm about to order some more lights in the next couple weeks and this may determine who I go with.
:tu: I'm very curious also. Just need a few of these manufacturers to let me borrow their product for a short period of time to do some objective testing

·
Registered
247 Posts
you use the word "manufacturers"...does someone really make LED stuff here in the US? or do they assemble lights from overseas components?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hate to rain on your party but I'm betting no one will send ya lights to test for free you will have to buy them because no one wants there lights to get bad reviews and if they are selling lights now don't change things your best bet would be to find guys that have other brands and test them

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I'll send ya 2 of mine, but they're 4" 48w warm and 12-24v supply. That's not going to give a very good comparitive test. And I'm not a site sponsor...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hate to rain on your party but I'm betting no one will send ya lights to test for free you will have to buy them because no one wants there lights to get bad reviews and if they are selling lights now don't change things your best bet would be to find guys that have other brands and test them
I'd say it depends on how ballsy they want to be and how confident they are in their product. It goes both ways. If they get bad reviews it may hurt their sales, but if they get good reviews or "win" the contest and are priced similarly to the competitors then sales could explode.

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd say it depends on how ballsy they want to be and how confident they are in their product. It goes both ways. If they get bad reviews it may hurt their sales, but if they get good reviews or "win" the contest and are priced similarly to the competitors then sales could explode.
This is precisely what I was hoping for. Although I get a feeling it'll be closer to what k-dog has said. Either way, I will do some testing

1 - 20 of 355 Posts