BowFishing Country banner

301 - 320 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
First: :dh:

Besides I dont want this to be LED vs HPS vs HALO or whatever else. I want this to be a shootout of the readily avilable 50w LED's that everyone is using from various sources. If someone absolutely wants me to put an HPS in front of the light meter theyll have to send me one. I may use one of my halogen shop lights in the test also just for comparisons sake.
But to answer your question: no I don't need to shoot a fish on a bank 100yds away. But I do need to shoot fish in the water around my boat (however stained)...and HPS help me to do that. And I try not to fish around houses either.

I was just trying to let awaldro7 know that the two lights do not compare when measuring lumen output, which you just agreed to. That's all! :cheers:

And looking forward to your continued testing! Keep up the good work! :applause:

·
Admin
347 Posts
Just an FYI, got my LUX meter in (finally) and am going to do some tests on our LEDs. I know it's a different meter and all but I would image they should be close. My lights now have probably 100 hours or so on them so they aren't "Brand New" anymore like the ones tested but I'm not too concerned about that. I am going to test both our 100W and 50W just to get some comparison numbers. I'll let you know the results when finished. I will try and post some "Good" pics of the lights as well ... :cool:

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
Just an FYI, got my LUX meter in (finally) and am going to do some tests on our LEDs. I know it's a different meter and all but I would image they should be close. My lights now have probably 100 hours or so on them so they aren't "Brand New" anymore like the ones tested but I'm not too concerned about that. I am going to test both our 100W and 50W just to get some comparison numbers. I'll let you know the results when finished. I will try and post some "Good" pics of the lights as well ... :cool:

Sounds good! Pictures is one thing I definitely didn't do last time. I ran out of time a bit waiting on everything to arrive so I went for numbers instead of pictures. Maybe this week I'll get the camera out and take some pictures that can "shed some light" on the situation

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Hey just saw this thread. Thanks for testing. I certainly can't complain about our 6 lights from customfitz, and it sounds like the results back that up.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Looking forward to the results of the 50W bowfishingled.com light. They say 12 but I hope they're 24 as well.

I'm in the market to replace 6 ebay lights with 10 others.

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
Anyone tried or using these? I've looked all over the internet for a picture of these lit but no success. I've seen the 45 watt LED's which have 15 3 watt LED's. These have 50 3 watt LED's. Wonder how bright they are?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pc-150W-Warm-White-LED-50x3W-Watt-Flood-Light-110v-220v-AC-Waterproof-IP67-Lamp-/221401569982?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item338c8fdabe
Haven't messed with those but I'm willing to be they're not that great! With all of the lights I tested, the best performing lights had the biggest cooling area on them. The cheap lights with small cooling fins were grossly outperformed.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Lux is measured in lumens per sq meter.
Lumens can only truly be measured in a sphere. Cost 10-20 grand for one.
I've tried explaining that the lumen numbers people throw around is so useless it's not funny
So lux is used to express the amount of visible light illuminating 1 sq meter at a certain distance.

·
Registered
476 Posts
When do we see results for the bowfishing.com leds? Did you receive any yet?

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #314
When do we see results for the bowfishing.com leds? Did you receive any yet?
Sorry Fred just saw this post, I never received any other lights for testing. I hope to test some other lights at some point, time to test is just tough to come by with my work schedule

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #320
Warm white or a halogen are probably my favorite colors. The hps is almost too yellow in clear water for me. Hope to have a high wattage led to test before long

301 - 320 of 355 Posts