BowFishing Country banner

341 - 355 of 355 Posts

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
Well there has been a few more LED's brought to the market here recently, I'm interested in doing some more testing, I still have some of the old test subjects, but would like to see some new stuff also

·
Registered
177 Posts
For a guy trying to wrap his arms around the question, "Why the difference?" This is a fantastic video.

The guys in the know already know what the deal is.......this is one of the best explanations I've seen.
Link; on YouTube, "Ebay LED Floodlight scam warning"

So this guy shows you why wattage, wiring, grounding, etc make for poor light.

Essentially some of these Chinese manufacturers are just flat out lying to us.

And you wonder why Trump is trying to hold the Chinese's' feet to the fire on trade? Its junk like this........... and the ripping off of our intellectual property rights.

·
Registered
249 Posts
If you had adjustable output drivers you would see a MAJOR difference in the lux output of lights that is for sure. There is alot of variance in drivers. The earth ground isn't really needed on a LED light when applying to bowfishing. It works either way and i seen zero differnce in performance. With all that being said Bigclivedotcom is a pretty knowledgeable guy.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Admittedly, I am lazy.

Whats the best 150 Watt LED lights for the value today 2/5/2019.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply guys.

I have been sitting back using my 400 watt HPS (I'm gonna miss these...) waiting on prices to come down and people to figure out the deals. Looks like the affordability has finally met the usability.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Wow those are way cheaper than amazon

·
Registered
227 Posts
Make sure to stay away from the new gen viugreums with the holes in the bottom edge of the housing. They produce way less light, don't have much for cooling fins and run really hot. Tested one 50w and it was around 150 degrees.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just ordered two color adjustable Outrigger Outdoors Swamp Eye bars to try out on one side of my boat. First set of lights I've owned and I'm trying to determine how to set them up. These came with 120 to 12V converters. Originally I wanted to go completely silent with battery only but now I'm thinking about saving my 2 deep cycle batteries for my 12v trolling motor with a powermax converter and run all the lights off my Generac 2000W inverter genny. Does anyone else have experience with this company or type of setup? If they work great I will update this post and probably buy more for the rest of the boat. Thanks!

https://outriggeroutdoors.com/products/swamp-eye-led-light-bar

341 - 355 of 355 Posts