BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Administrator
10,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since so many threads are popping up, figured I would sticky this to keep the lighting forum from getting too cluttered.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
What is a good switch to use. Would a big foot switch work.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
would 7, 50 watt Led's B too much for one batt i think its a 29

·
Registered
73 Posts
any electricians out there, would a heavy duty outdoor extension cord be enough to run to front of boat and branch from there for 10 50 watt led's i think they draw 6 amps each??? also if i have 5 running on 1 battery, thats apprx 6 amps, if the battery was 210 reserve amp, doesnt that translate into apprx 7 hours run time??

·
Registered
288 Posts
My thought is to tie 4 LED's (27w) together on one side and plug into a cig lighter plug tied to battery #1 (shares with 12v TM), and then put 6 LED's together on the other side tied into another cig lighter plug tied to battery #2. If I'm reading other posts right i will have to have minimum #12conductor wire to power the 6 and a run no longer than 8.5'. seems to be larger wire than i should need. What wire size comes with cigarette plugs to begin with? is this an ok way of wiring, and is the info i have on wire size correct?

·
Electrocutioner
6,622 Posts
any electricians out there, would a heavy duty outdoor extension cord be enough to run to front of boat and branch from there for 10 50 watt led's i think they draw 6 amps each??? also if i have 5 running on 1 battery, thats apprx 6 amps, if the battery was 210 reserve amp, doesnt that translate into apprx 7 hours run time??
it's gonna have to be a heck of a HD extension cord[6 guage or bigger] to handle 60 amps @ 12 volts. About 4 hrs would be more realistic.

·
Electrocutioner
6,622 Posts
My thought is to tie 4 LED's (27w) together on one side and plug into a cig lighter plug tied to battery #1 (shares with 12v TM), and then put 6 LED's together on the other side tied into another cig lighter plug tied to battery #2. If I'm reading other posts right i will have to have minimum #12conductor wire to power the 6 and a run no longer than 8.5'. seems to be larger wire than i should need. What wire size comes with cigarette plugs to begin with? is this an ok way of wiring, and is the info i have on wire size correct?
That should work for about 5-10 minutes or until the cigarette lighter plug in burns up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i ran mine on 12 guage wire 10 lights 50 watts for about 2-3 hours last night and the wire was warm but not hot, gonna probably take a few of them off onto another wire, but i think it would be ok

·
Registered
180 Posts
How bout some pics of the way you are tying the leads off the lights into the main wire. I'm gonna order 6 50w what wire size and how long of a drop can I have running 24v and about how many amps would that be?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts