BowFishing Country banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How well does this work? , I have 12 cool white leds. So my question is
CN I put yellow film on them to give them the warm look. How well does it work, and does it hold up
To the elements.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
If you have the kind of light that has a square chip replacing them is Not very difficult and they are fairly inexpensive. Notably better performance changing the chip vrs tape

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone,

Here is solution to eliminate LED reflection that I wanted to share. Goto ebay and type in "Carplite" in the main search box. They sell HPS or Green colored filter covers for 50W LED lights. Also have Custom sizes if needed for other types of light frame sizes. I used them and made a world of difference. I bought one at first just to try out and bought ten after that. Got the best worlds of using LEDs with the color of HPS to better penetrate the water and reduce glare. They are made from transparent plexiglass so much much more durable than tint/film. And you can easily remove these in seconds if you want the bright light back for clear water. Much cheaper alternative than going HPS with all the extra bulbs, capaitors, genny, difficult wiring and weight, etc. Hope this helps, just wanted to share what I have found to everyone who had the same issues I had.
Here is the link:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...TRC0.H0.Xcarplite.TRS0&_nkw=carplite&_sacat=0

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was looking at doing this also. Few questions. Some of you are saying you only put a strip across the light? so if the light is 12x12, and your not covering the whole light, how wide of a strip are you putting on there? Does the cool white and partial amber throw a funky light and work against each other?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts