BowFishing Country banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Wow! thank you soooo much! as a new guy here with MANY questions that one has just been put to bed
thanks again for lighting 101

·
Registered
28 Posts
just built a metal ballast box 24"w x 18"t x 15"d I have ballasts caps and starters for 6-400s & 2-150s My temp gun reads the ballasts at 220 degrees after a 4-6 hour night Do I need to vent the box or are they designed to handle that kind of temps

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
just built a metal ballast box 24"w x 18"t x 15"d I have ballasts caps and starters for 6-400s & 2-150s My temp gun reads the ballasts at 220 degrees after a 4-6 hour night Do I need to vent the box or are they designed to handle that kind of temps
You need to vent the box. Thats way too hot for the ballasts to live very long. Radio Shack normally has the fans in stock. If not you can get them on-line.

·
Registered
32 Posts
does anyone have a couple pics of a rig running 150w hps lights at night in water? im pretty sure im going to go with a bunch of them for my setup but i have yet to see what 150 watters look like. seems like everyone uses 400 watters..? they are alittle to rich for my blood.

·
Administrator
14,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
does anyone have a couple pics of a rig running 150w hps lights at night in water? im pretty sure im going to go with a bunch of them for my setup but i have yet to see what 150 watters look like. seems like everyone uses 400 watters..? they are alittle to rich for my blood.
400's have more bang for the bucks!

How bad is it on your eyes if you mix hps and mh?
Not bad, it make a green look.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi fellow bowfishers. And women if anyreading. I am new to this site as well but am looking for something a bit different than you all are talking about. i am looking for a silent setup. Meaning nothing except shooters and the trolling motor. so i guess battery power is my choice. What is out there that will fill that job? Thanks in advance guys for all your help.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Hi fellow bowfishers. And women if anyreading. I am new to this site as well but am looking for something a bit different than you all are talking about. i am looking for a silent setup. Meaning nothing except shooters and the trolling motor. so i guess battery power is my choice. What is out there that will fill that job? Thanks in advance guys for all your help.
Search LED

·
Registered
250 Posts
check thease LED threads. Jeffrim20, Timbrespirit, and I all have LED set ups there are pics and video.

http://bow.fishingcountry.com/forums/showthread.php?13446-would-these-led-lights-be-bright-enough

http://bow.fishingcountry.com/forums/showthread.php?13883-LED-questions

http://bow.fishingcountry.com/forums/showthread.php?13460-Led-china-orders

http://bow.fishingcountry.com/forums/showthread.php?12653-LED-Video-and-Pics-on-the-water

the last thread has good pics and video of led's in action.

·
Registered
907 Posts
i have heard of people running 300 watt halogen bulbs in 500 watt fixtures. first question is is it possible to even do this because wouldnt the 500 watts the fixtures pull blow the 300 watt bulb because of to much power to the lower wattage bulb? also is there even a benefit to doing this? does it pull lower watts but have more reflection in the 500 watt housing? so whats the deal with this kind of setup i have been wondering about this for sometime

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I did it to run more lights plus i used 225 ultra bulbs and the 500 watt work lights are only 10.00 .

·
Registered
907 Posts
well we are using 4 500 watt work lights from lowes that were on sale for 9 bucks and 4 150 watt halogens that we had from when we used the paddle boat. I was just wondering if we put lower wattage bulbs in our 500 watt housing if the housings would pull less watts from our genny so that we can run more lights and would it be worth puttin 225 ultras in our 500 watt housings and gettin more lights or would it be virtually the same amount of water penetration and coverage.

·
Registered
354 Posts
i have heard of people running 300 watt halogen bulbs in 500 watt fixtures. first question is is it possible to even do this because wouldnt the 500 watts the fixtures pull blow the 300 watt bulb because of to much power to the lower wattage bulb? also is there even a benefit to doing this? does it pull lower watts but have more reflection in the 500 watt housing? so whats the deal with this kind of setup i have been wondering about this for sometime
500 Watt bulbs pull 500 watts
300 Watt bulbs pull 300 watts
225 Watt bulbs pull 225 watts.................this is for halogen bulbs.....there is no ballast and such in a halogen fixture....the bulb controls the wattage pulled.......make sense?

Yes the 500 watt fixture will work better for coverage...IMO

·
Registered
907 Posts
yea that makes since thats what i was wondering i didnt know if the bulb pulled the wattage or the housing but since i know its the bulb i will be getting some 225 ultras and more housings i wish i could get 350 ultras but that is alot of cash for one bulb and a pain to find even the one bulb

21 - 40 of 60 Posts