BowFishing Country banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a brand new Oneida osprey and wanted to know what limb pockets I could be running.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
If its a new one (JP) dont mess with it, if its a new to you osprey Joe at American Eagle

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think it's a JP. I bought it at basspro but it's just the normal black one. Here's a pic image.jpg

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
If it was bought at basspro, it is a JP( as its being called) Oneida and no need to upgrade pockets. There are new pockets on it from the factory.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
It has the new style end caps haven't really heard of any issues with those yet... id leave it and shoot it

·
Registered
462 Posts
A little off-topic, but from the pic it looks like the poundage is turned down way low. Do you know the draw weight? Did it come that low or did you adjust it?

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
I would like to see a close up of the new limb pockets for S*%ts and giggles

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
A little off-topic, but from the pic it looks like the poundage is turned down way low. Do you know the draw weight? Did it come that low or did you adjust it?
The best one i have...
10420302_575418422621348_6736190011237975086_n.jpg

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
those don't look all that different than my original limb pockets wonder whats has changed

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
those don't look all that different than my original limb pockets wonder whats has changed
A very small amount of metal was removed or an angle changed in the limb pocket, only a small 1/4" or 1/8" change in the pocket to correct what is thought to be the issue, remember seeing it on here somewhere...

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
cool good info

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
A very small amount of metal was removed or an angle changed in the limb pocket, only a small 1/4" or 1/8" change in the pocket to correct what is thought to be the issue, remember seeing it on here somewhere...

The old ones were plastic and the new ones are aluminum, and as Garp said... A few small changes to the shape. I have not heard of anyone having a problem yet, and as these are aluminum and cannot flex like the plastic ones did. As far as aftermarket, American Eagle are my personal favorites.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
yep the new limb pockets have fixed the problem... I put a set on a older osprey that spent its life cranked to the max because if you used plastic pockets it would pop out... I have purchased 2 JP Ospreys and set them at 35 lbs and they have worked flawlessly this year... I believe the new limb pockets are longer on the back end also...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts