BowFishing Country banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a lake community and while the lake has a lot of carp in it, their are also a lot of houses on the lake. I've had a few people complain about my LED lights reflecting off the water and onto their house. The Tracker came with 50watt Archenemy lights.

I put two Carplight clamp on amber filters on two of the lights and they seemed to help. Problem is that they were $24 each and I had to have a friend make new clamps as the Carplight clamps were two narrow.

I've read on here about people putting removable film on their lights. Why type of film do you put on and is it removable?

·
Registered
45 Posts
We use the amber film it works great. We cut squares of macrolon (real thin plexiglass) put the film on it and sewn on a sleeve and put elastic in the sleeve. Then we can put it on and take it off when we want. This is when we tested it. One side of the boat is with the film the other side is without. This is really dirty water too. The last pic you can see the front has on the filters but the back dont.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We use the amber film it works great. We cut squares of macrolon (real thin plexiglass) put the film on it and sewn on a sleeve and put elastic in the sleeve. Then we can put it on and take it off when we want. This is when we tested it. One side of the boat is with the film the other side is without. This is really dirty water too. The last pic you can see the front has on the filters but the back dont.

Good idea as I'm not really keen on putting the film on and off of the lights. I may stick it on a couple of lights tonight to test it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts