BowFishing Country banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was doing that reading thing again because I want hydraulic lift on my motor but ain't gonna spend 600$ doing it. It's a 1989 50hp Johnson outboard. Someone talk me out of this.

So would a linear actuator work as a power trim/tilt for my outboard...?

I seem to get better/worse ideas as it gets later at night...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I don't think one would work myself. They make manual units that are adjustable for half the price and those are new.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think one would work myself. They make manual units that are adjustable for half the price and those are new.
Here's the problem I'm trying to solve. When I duck hunt I find myself in pretty skinny water sometimes and I know I should get a surface drive mud motor but I don't have money, I'm a broke college student, So I want to be able to trim it up and go get a duck that's landed a ways out instead of having to push pole all the way there and scare incoming birds away.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had one and she passed about a month ago. Hence the current problem... And I'm in college and can't have a dog here and I don't want another dog until I can train it and keep it with me.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
It should work, but it wont be very fast. With actuators you trade speed for torque, so a unit that has a ton of torque like you need wont raise it fast....at all. Just dont buy a super cheap one and you should be fine.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Was gonna suggest the same...lol. Or a spinning rod and treble snaggng hook. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Remember when I said dont buy a super cheap one? :laugh:

This would be your best bet without going crazy expensive. Its IP66 sealed, and will prolly outlast your boat. Plenty
of power too. Get the 400lb model. It does almost 1" per second, which is impressive for the torque it has.

http://www.progressiveautomations.com/linear-actuator-ip66

·
Registered
319 Posts
Just keep a gas powered leaf blower in the boat when hunting as an auxiliary shallow water drive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts