BowFishing Country banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw where Finland is trying a living wage for every citizen and talking for a trial run in one city in Cali. the idea for such is robots and tech. stuff that's going to come we won,t have jobs for general population and will never have the jobs we once had really doesn,t sound like appealing setup but they may be right unless some world shock takes place that will intervene with the tech. stuff. But made me think education will be very,very important going forward as lower skill labor looses out!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Peace wont last long enough for us to reach that level of tech. The modern world is just tip toeing along the edge a cliff that leads back to the middle ages. Its sorta like a volcanoe. History teaches us that things only last so long. We are well past our expiration date. Photos of election rallies should show you just how curtled the milk has become.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Peace wont last long enough for us to reach that level of tech. The modern world is just tip toeing along the edge a cliff that leads back to the middle ages. Its sorta like a volcanoe. History teaches us that things only last so long. We are well past our expiration date. Photos of election rallies should show you just how curtled the milk has become.
Lol! More Curtled each day Miss Clinton was wound up today!! Mr Trump yesterday!!:D

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just read Switzerland is voting on paying every citizen 2500 dollars each month reckon we will match this the world is crazy alright!!!

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
Just read Switzerland is voting on paying every citizen 2500 dollars each month reckon we will match this the world is crazy alright!!!
Hopefully Mexico starts this, maybe they won't want to leave then....

But you never hear about those "crazy Swiss" causing problems

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
It won't matter if they raise their wages. They'll just drive up the cost of goods coming into their country and in the long run it will cost them proportionately the same amount it does now. The only way they'll make out is if they do all their shopping in adjacent countries that have lower prices. As wages go up so do prices. It's just like here in the states and raising the minimum wage, the price of goods will go up as well as the pay the educated work force gets and in the end you're paying more for the same goods. One state does it and then all the states do it. It doesn't accomplish jack. You just end up dealing with bigger numbers with the same old problems.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
I just feel that a living wage is only going to promote the lazy to remain lazy... Why try to better yourself when you can go to a fast food chain and make $15 dollars an hour flipping burgers with no education when are college grad's probably start at that depending on their professional choice. I also feel that the only fair way to raise minimal wage is if EVERY body's wage went up the Same amount. But you can bet the farm that's no going to happen .... To me it's just a sneaky way for wealth redistribution

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep the lazy will think they got it made in the shade but think the reasoning behind the whole deal is there will never be more jobs just shrinking job market like has been happening already the one percenters will have all the wealth around the world the living wage is being started to head off uprisings and chaos they are thinking ahead suppose peace was to break out around the world what would all the people involved in wars do and the people who build all the war machines it would be pure chaos so that's why I believe the power brokers are so determined to keep conflicts on the front page news really what the evidence shows if you follow the news!!

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
And that's where cracking down on illegals and people who hire illegals will increase job opportunities. In my opinion

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And that's where cracking down on illegals and people who hire illegals will increase job opportunities. In my opinion
I agree but as millions more from around the world come to our country I can see why we will have to just print a living wage for everyone have to remember everyone has to eat and consume it may not take very many years to start seeing food shortages glad I have a way to bowfish!! German carp may be on the table!!!:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts