BowFishing Country banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it really make that much difference?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Have to agree with ownage here, Long barbs are our bread and butter.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i bend the barbs closer to the shaft and that helps :tu:
Good to know, I thought looking at them that it looked like they would blow a pretty big hole. Thanks everybody, looks like I'll be buying some longbarbs instead of standards.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
It makes a difference on soft fleshed fish and/or late summer hot water fish that all seem to have soft flesh!

·
Registered
644 Posts
bend the barbs close to the shaft and they work great if you leave them out like they come they tend to put big holes in the sides of fish and pull out anyway

·
Registered
293 Posts
Im sold on the Long Barbs but they have their place.

Long barb- All around shooting.

Muzzy- Dink gar

Interlock 3 blade- Big fish

I keep a place in my boat for all three.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I shoot both. Shoot the shorts at the small ditch gar and stuff, and use the longs when going after bigger fish. Also recommend bending the barbs closer to the shaft!

·
Registered
136 Posts
i had the worst prinoffs with stingarees, i mostly shoot small gar and mullet. switched last year to long barbs and havent had any issues unless i shot the fish in a bad spot (belly or low) which every point will do. i do bend the barbs and that seems to work well. never shot the original pirhanas but im not gonna switch from the long barbs because of how well they do.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i had the worst prinoffs with stingarees, i mostly shoot small gar and mullet. switched last year to long barbs and havent had any issues unless i shot the fish in a bad spot (belly or low) which every point will do. i do bend the barbs and that seems to work well. never shot the original pirhanas but im not gonna switch from the long barbs because of how well they do.
My very first arrow that came with my reel/seat kit had a stingaree, seemed like every other shot planed off in its own direction cuz of those big winglike barbs. I switched to muzzys but am gonna get some Long barbs before this season.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts