BowFishing Country banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Whatcha get ???? What caliber ????
Bergara b14 hmr, 6.5 creedmoor, Kelbly precision rings, vortex viper pst gen2 5-25×50, and no idea on the bipod lol.
It's basically a clone of a Remington action with an adjustable trigger (sitting at 2.5lb fron the factory and very crisp) and the McMillan style stock has an aluminum chassis molded in to it to stiffen everything up really nice, just messing around with it I absolutely love the way it feels.

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
Bergara b14 hmr, 6.5 creedmoor, Kelbly precision rings, vortex viper pst gen2 5-25×50, and no idea on the bipod lol.
It's basically a clone of a Remington action with an adjustable trigger (sitting at 2.5lb fron the factory and very crisp) and the McMillan style stock has an aluminum chassis molded in to it to stiffen everything up really nice, just messing around with it I absolutely love the way it feels.
I’m loving what your describing big time....bet it’s a tackdriver

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I’m loving what your describing big time....bet it’s a tackdriver
I picked up a little cheap federal ammo to shoot this weekend, next week (after payday lol) I'm gonna get several different match loads for it and start looking to see what it likes best.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
20190406_101020.jpg
It shoots..... 5 rounds at 100 yards, .5" black dot, cheapest 6.5 creedmoor ammo I could find
20190406_110858.jpg
Once I find out what it likes as far as match loads go it should really sart shooting good.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
In case anyone happens to be browsing this anymore.

Finally found a spot to stretch my creedmoor out.
I had access to a chronograph back in the summer so I had a rough idea of my fps, plugged that in to a free ballistic app and had 2nd round hits at 320 yards (3" plate) 550 (6" plate) 900 (8" plate) and a first round hit at 963 (10" plate). Hits were consistent (almost boring) at 300-550 on anything larger than the 3" plates, only thing I couldnt connect on was a 3" plate at 963 with a shifting 7ish mph wind.
The long range bug has bitten me just about as bad as the first time I got bit my the bowfishing bug lol.

20191207_115331.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are hunters who are responsible and hunt the animals that they use as food later. I never killed foxes because I won't eat them and they never bothered me so there was no reason. I don't like killing animals just for sport and I don't support it. When I go hunting I use the best equipment so that I kill them with one shot and they don't struggle. My ATM rangefinder helps me a lot with making my shots and it goes really good with their scope. I have bought a scope and rangefinder from them last year and I really love using them because it is the best quality equipment I had. They will soon release some new scopes and I will have to have one.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
dang i didn't know you liked this stuff my boss is big in it and has a 6.5 creed. I want to say he has a spot thats about a 1000 around his house but im not 100 on that ill ask when he gets back from lunch

·
Registered
2 Posts
Spots like that are amazing, just the view is great and when you can test out your rifle it is even better. I love these kind of spots and I love the feeling when you make that long shot. It is the best feeling you can have in hunting. When I started hunting I had no rangefinder and It was really hard for me to make long shots. I really struggled and I had to get a rangefinder. I got a laser rangefinder which was the best option on ATN website. It works really great and it is easy to use because you can connect it to your phone via bluetooth. I love using it and making long shots is much easier with it.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts