BowFishing Country banner

Looking for a new bow

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  RedneckJr 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a new bow because I umm "misplaced" my old one and have narrowed it down to about 3 bows. Ive looked at the AMS Fish Hawk, AMS Fire Eagle, and the Alpine Mako. Does anybody have any suggestions on one of the 3 or a better bow. Oh by the way I plan to use a Muzzy reel with it and do a little hunting with it. Thanks :D

#2 ·
I have had the fire eagle and sold it to a friend then i bought the mako for a back up bow. The fire eagle shoots a lot harder so it would be better in deeper water but the mako is more fun to shoot and people that are not strong enough to pull back the fire eagle would like the mako better both are good bows but save up your money and get an oneida

#6 ·
Fish Hawk is a nice bow but I would say go with a PSE Barracuda or Discovery2 like said above. they are really nice bows and they shoot really fast. the Discovery is real cheap too. if you want to stick to one of the 3 you mentioned, it depends alot on what conditions you shoot and how you like shooting. The Mako has around 70% letoff while the Fish hawk and Fire eagle have around 20% (feels like none). if you like letoff, get the mako. if you want little or no letoff, the AMS bows or the PSE bows are the way to go.

#9 ·
If you want to hunt with it too.. Get the Mission Craze!!! It'll go all the way up to 70#'s is every bit as adjustable as the menace but with the opt in of higher poundage!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.