BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where we are going as of yet but looking at a bachelor party pre deployment trip to either lake Barkley or the Potomac river.

Can any of you local guys give some water conditions and fish reports.

we wont Be traveling until the the 11th and a lot can change but would like to know current conditions.

Whatcha got. .???

thanks.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Been crazy here all year. Water clarity has been bad on Barkley all year. Every time it nearly gets back to normal, we get hit again. We get a storm every other day it seems. Water goes up,down,up,down. If you want reliable conditions, you better call an hour or two before leaving home! Even then, it may completely change. That being said, the fishing has been really good, though.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Y'all need to go to Lake Erie! Put-In-Bay to be exact. There's no better combo of bowfishing & partying this side of the Mississippi :D

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Y'all need to go to Lake Erie! Put-In-Bay to be exact. There's no better combo of bowfishing & partying this side of the Mississippi :D
oh ya. i grew up on the Great Lakes, always a blast there, just a little out of the driving distance on this trip.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the fishing has been really good, though.
Well that's good to know. I'd like to shoot something a little different but if conditions won't be decent I'm not appose to staying to home here and chasing some slob southern rays either.

Ill check back in with you on conditions in the area if you don't mind

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
. There's no better combo of bowfishing & partying this side of the Mississippi :D
Not true. It's known to be fact that the West Fork of the White River is party/fishing central. Hot chicks everywhere, and they LOVE airboat rides. I'll see if I can dig up some pics of Ol' Timmy Tuff Nuts laying down some serious game. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
Not true. It's known to be fact that the West Fork of the White River is party/fishing central. Hot chicks everywhere, and they LOVE airboat rides. I'll see if I can dig up some pics of Ol' Timmy Tuff Nuts laying down some serious game. :laugh:
The true meaning of a blow boat ?????

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Was on the Potomac last weekend. Few snakehead and more cats than you can put in a boat. Tons of grass.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Maryland and Pennsylvania got slammed with rain over the weekend, look up the flooding near Baltimore. We got 7 inches over Saturday and Sunday which is a lot bit heard maryland had 7-8" in 90 minutes. Would think the potomac will be dirty for a little while

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seems to be consistent reports all over the east coast. Haha. Still have 8 days to narrow this down tho.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well NOW we know Timmys Nuts Are Out, somewhere in Indiana which takes that state off the list.

:cen::laugh:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Well we had this bowfishing expo thing at the Cabela's up that way on Saturday. They had a tourney on the James that night but we went up to the Potomac for a almost guaranteed good night. Only got one snakehead in the boat but a pile of cats and carp. You could shoot cats until you couldn't feel your arms. We're going back in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gotcha, I saw pics from the shoot, some of the guys shot some good fish.

Looks like we are headed up that way Thursday to Sunday. Start first couple days on the river, hit the bay Saturday n maybe the James on Sunday unless it's blown out on the way up.

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I appreciate the updates. Are the snakeheads out and about yet? I hope to get up there this summer to try and find a few of those for the first time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts