BowFishing Country banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a new boat and would love advice on what lights to use for the new boat!! I fish on beaver lake in Rogers AR and the water is very clear but may want to go to Grand Lake some also and it is merky

my last boat i had 10 of the 500 watt worklights from lowes or home depot and i used maybe it was a 300 watt bulb and a 5000 watt generator and it worked great in either lake

i would love to have your opinion of the quality of the light in clear and merky using LED i would love to use a smaller quiter generator but the LED lights seem to good to be true to me i just cant imagine that it puts off enough light am i wrong?

any help you can give me is greatly appreciated i am getting my son set up for this now it has been 6-7 years since the last boat that i had built for this purpose (budget is good i just want the BEST THING GOING for lights)

Kyle

·
Registered
215 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Your budget and what you want/willing to spend is the biggest determining factor. You have two main light options HPS/Metal Halide and LED with sub categories under each.

What you have for a boat? What is your budget for lights and generator?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Best LED in my honest opinion are the Seelite 140w hybrids

They are great light and do well in all waters

But if you’re on any sort of budget any LED in the 2700 or less Kalvin temps are your best bet

·
Registered
357 Posts
My oppinion is seelite has the best built and amazing customer service. The 5 star "light bar style" are not as heavy duty but are a 30° beam angle so its much brighter where it counts. https://5starledllc.com/shop-led-lights?olsPage=products/bowfishg-led
I bought the 200w took them off the bracket and bolted them directly through the light rail. Very heavy duty and almost nothing to snag on. You do need to keep them tilt down some. Or you will have a ring around your boat.
These are brighter then my 6pc 400w hps lights

1 - 6 of 6 Posts