BowFishing Country banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading up to Massena for their Carp tournament this weekend. I have never been up there before and I am new to going to bowfishing tournaments. I figure some of the guys on this site have done the tournament before and I am looking for some pointers. I know fishermen don't want to give away their secret spots but it would be a big help to know where we should go on the river. From looking at aerial images it looks like their is a dam near where the shoot is hosted. Is the east or the west side of the damn better? Thank you for the advice.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Never fished that area of the st Lawrence but we have done best on weedy points and coves. Some coves hold fish and some dont. Cover some water and fish hard you will be fine

·
Registered
314 Posts
Make sure your boats are all up to par with the required safety equipment or the park police will have a field day with you. Also this area is patrolled by the US Coast Guard and the US Border Patrol..... jus sayin.... :drunk:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure if the tournament decides you are too good or you have too nice of a boat they place in the professional class which only gets two or three boats. Then your payout will only be from those in the same class after they take their cut of coursem it's the main reason I havnt shot the tournament yet since I was told I would be in the professional class since my boat is wrapped And is a dedicated bowfishing boat. I ain't driving 5 hours to shoot against one or two other teams, I rather go up and shoot for fun before playing by those silly rules

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know there is a professional division for the tournament and that there are different rules and regulations for the division, but I believe that it is up you to decide if u want to be in the professional or regular division.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I know there is a professional division for the tournament and that there are different rules and regulations for the division, but I believe that it is up you to decide if u want to be in the professional or regular division.
Gotcha, I was told differently but idk since I was never there. Have a few buddies shooting fish up there right now. Have done alright but havnt found any big ones yet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts